Man hospitalised after shooting on Camden estate
Police are investigating after a man was shot in Camden last night.
Officers were called to the Agar Grove estate just after 7pm following reports of a shooting.
On arrival police and paramedics were unable to find the victim who was already making his way to hospital where he was treated for suspected gun shot wounds.
An eyewitness described hearing two “very loud” bangs, raised voices and the sound of screeching tyres “like a car driving away really fast”.
The woman then reported seeing blood dripping down the victim’s chest after spotting him in the Lulworth Tower car park holding his T-shirt up to his face to stem the flow of blood from his head.
You may also want to watch:
She and neighbours called for an ambulance, but the victim got into a car with a group of people and drove off.
“I don’t know what happened to him after that,” she added.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 4 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 5 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 6 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 7 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 8 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Highgate parking changes dropped — two years on from uproar
A Met spokesman said: “His condition is described as stable. No arrests have been made and an investigation is underway.”