Man hospitalised after shooting on Camden estate
Police are investigating after a man was shot in Camden last night.
Officers were called to the Agar Grove estate just after 7pm following reports of a shooting.
On arrival police and paramedics were unable to find the victim who was already making his way to hospital where he was treated for suspected gun shot wounds.
An eyewitness described hearing two “very loud” bangs, raised voices and the sound of screeching tyres “like a car driving away really fast”.
The woman then reported seeing blood dripping down the victim’s chest after spotting him in the Lulworth Tower car park holding his T-shirt up to his face to stem the flow of blood from his head.
You may also want to watch:
She and neighbours called for an ambulance, but the victim got into a car with a group of people and drove off.
“I don’t know what happened to him after that,” she added.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 6 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 7 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
A Met spokesman said: “His condition is described as stable. No arrests have been made and an investigation is underway.”