Man found with serious head injuries outside Hampstead “squat”
A MAN was found with serious head injuries in Hampstead on Tuesday outside an outbuilding at 181 West Heath Road.
Police are appealing for witnesses and information relating to the incident.
Officers were called to reports of a man with serious head injuries by the London Ambulance Service at approximately 7.50pm on Tuesday.
The man - now identified as Pavel Perju, 43, was taken to a central London hospital where his condition is described as stable.
Police do not know how he sustained his injuries and officers are keen to speak to anyone who knows Pavel or knows what happened inside the premises which is believed was being used as a squat.
Detective Inspector Julian King of the Homicide and Serious Crime Command said: “Enquiries are on-going to establish what happened to Pavel and how he came to be injured but we need the community’s help.
“If anyone knows of his movements prior to when he was found, or was at the address when he was there, I would ask them to contact police in the strictest of confidence.”
- 1 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 2 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 3 Belsize Village restaurant hires young Ukrainian refugee
- 4 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 5 Calls for removal of South End Green phone box
- 6 Camden teacher's cycle ride to find a cure for daughter's 'sleeping beauty' syndrome
- 7 Covid: Slight rise in admissions but fewer patients in hospital overall
- 8 Campaign launched after girl suffers fractured ribs from e-scooter crash
- 9 Two-year waitlist for mental health patients at Tavistock Centre
- 10 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 020 8785 8244 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.