Man found with serious head injuries outside Hampstead “squat”
A MAN was found with serious head injuries in Hampstead on Tuesday outside an outbuilding at 181 West Heath Road.
Police are appealing for witnesses and information relating to the incident.
Officers were called to reports of a man with serious head injuries by the London Ambulance Service at approximately 7.50pm on Tuesday.
The man - now identified as Pavel Perju, 43, was taken to a central London hospital where his condition is described as stable.
Police do not know how he sustained his injuries and officers are keen to speak to anyone who knows Pavel or knows what happened inside the premises which is believed was being used as a squat.
Detective Inspector Julian King of the Homicide and Serious Crime Command said: “Enquiries are on-going to establish what happened to Pavel and how he came to be injured but we need the community’s help.
“If anyone knows of his movements prior to when he was found, or was at the address when he was there, I would ask them to contact police in the strictest of confidence.”
- 1 'Unimaginable loss': Father and daughter stabbed to death in north London
- 2 Covid-19: Omicron variant case confirmed in Camden
- 3 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 4 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 5 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 6 Stunning light trail wraps up Kenwood like a giant Christmas present
- 7 Tottenham boss Antonio Conte looking to revamp squad in transfer windows
- 8 Movement off the ball key to Arsenal's win against Newcastle
- 9 PLU: St John's Wood restaurant finds the right formula
- 10 Not just for Christmas: Rescue dogs looking for forever homes
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 020 8785 8244 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.