Man found with serious head injuries in Alexandra Palace grounds
Police are trying to identify who the man is and how he sustained his injuries.
A POLICE investigation has been launched after a man was found lying near a park bench in the grounds of Alexandra Palace, with serious head injuries.
Police were called to the scene by London Ambulance Service at 11.16am this morning at Alexandra Palace Way near its junction with Muswell Hill.
Officers had been called to assist after a member of public found a man lying on the ground with serious head injuries. The man was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical but stable condition.
Police are now trying to establish the identity of the man, who is described as being white, aged about 65 years old, 5ft 8ins to 5ft 10ins tall.
You may also want to watch:
As yet it is still unknown how long the man had been lying on the floor, or how he sustained his injuries.
Anyone with information, that may have seen the man in the area, seen or heard what happened, or that may know the identity of the man, is asked to contact DS Stuart Robinson of CIPP Team 3 on 020 8345 0838.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 6 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 7 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 8 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 9 'State pension must be raised or older people face a dismal future'
- 10 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched