Man found hanged at Hampstead Heath bridge
- Credit: Archant
The body of a man found hanged at the viaduct bridge on Hampstead Heath was today being formally identified.
Officers were called to the viaduct pond at around 8:15am on Friday to reports of the body of man
They set up cordons around the famous bridge on east heath while the body was removed and the area was searched.
A spokesman from Scotland Yard said: “At this early stage the death is being treated as non-suspicious.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers said the next of kin of the man, said to be in his 30s, have been informed but he has not yet been named.
- 1 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 2 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 3 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 4 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 5 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 6 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 8 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named
- 9 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 10 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots