Man found hanged at Hampstead Heath bridge
- Credit: Archant
The body of a man found hanged at the viaduct bridge on Hampstead Heath was today being formally identified.
Officers were called to the viaduct pond at around 8:15am on Friday to reports of the body of man
They set up cordons around the famous bridge on east heath while the body was removed and the area was searched.
A spokesman from Scotland Yard said: “At this early stage the death is being treated as non-suspicious.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers said the next of kin of the man, said to be in his 30s, have been informed but he has not yet been named.
- 1 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 2 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 3 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 4 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 5 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 6 Camden’s recycling rate has fallen – and this rubbish is now urgent
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme
- 9 Vagina Museum reopens with the history of periods
- 10 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double