Man found hanged at Hampstead Heath bridge
- Credit: Archant
The body of a man found hanged at the viaduct bridge on Hampstead Heath was today being formally identified.
Officers were called to the viaduct pond at around 8:15am on Friday to reports of the body of man
They set up cordons around the famous bridge on east heath while the body was removed and the area was searched.
A spokesman from Scotland Yard said: “At this early stage the death is being treated as non-suspicious.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers said the next of kin of the man, said to be in his 30s, have been informed but he has not yet been named.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 4 Camden Council 'considers' bringing leisure centres in-house post-Covid
- 5 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 6 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 7 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 8 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 9 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 10 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues