Man fighting for his life after crashing in police chase in Highgate
A man is fighting for his life in hospital after crashing his car in a high-speed police chase in Highgate.
A stolen car was spotted in Bickerton Road, Dartmouth Park, in the early hours of Sunday morning (September 2) and police set off in pursuit when the driver failed to stop.
A Met Police helicopter was scrambled and gave chase, with several police cars also following the Dodge saloon car, which had been reported stolen from Barnet.
At around 2.45am the car crashed off Highgate Road, shooting off to land near the tennis courts on Parliament Hill.
An ambulance crew and firefighters were called to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Paramedics treated a man believed to be in his late teens. He was rushed to St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington as a priority in critical condition.
- 1 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 2 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 3 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United