Man fighting for his life after crashing in police chase in Highgate
A man is fighting for his life in hospital after crashing his car in a high-speed police chase in Highgate.
A stolen car was spotted in Bickerton Road, Dartmouth Park, in the early hours of Sunday morning (September 2) and police set off in pursuit when the driver failed to stop.
A Met Police helicopter was scrambled and gave chase, with several police cars also following the Dodge saloon car, which had been reported stolen from Barnet.
At around 2.45am the car crashed off Highgate Road, shooting off to land near the tennis courts on Parliament Hill.
An ambulance crew and firefighters were called to the scene.
Paramedics treated a man believed to be in his late teens. He was rushed to St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington as a priority in critical condition.
- 1 Bus collides with lamppost in Muswell Hill crash
- 2 Stephen Mangan has Crouch End pupils 'in stitches'
- 3 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 4 Developer told to dig up granite slabs at Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 5 George Michael estate helps fund Highgate Christmas lights
- 6 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
- 7 Infected Blood Inquiry: Transfusion centre was 'disaster zone'
- 8 Villa Bianca brings the Christmas cheer to Hampstead
- 9 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet
- 10 Haringey Council makes senior leadership appointments