Man fighting for his life after crashing in police chase in Highgate
A man is fighting for his life in hospital after crashing his car in a high-speed police chase in Highgate.
A stolen car was spotted in Bickerton Road, Dartmouth Park, in the early hours of Sunday morning (September 2) and police set off in pursuit when the driver failed to stop.
A Met Police helicopter was scrambled and gave chase, with several police cars also following the Dodge saloon car, which had been reported stolen from Barnet.
At around 2.45am the car crashed off Highgate Road, shooting off to land near the tennis courts on Parliament Hill.
An ambulance crew and firefighters were called to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Paramedics treated a man believed to be in his late teens. He was rushed to St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington as a priority in critical condition.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 3 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 4 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 5 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 7 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 8 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 9 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 10 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab