Man fighting for his life after crashing in police chase in Highgate
A man is fighting for his life in hospital after crashing his car in a high-speed police chase in Highgate.
A stolen car was spotted in Bickerton Road, Dartmouth Park, in the early hours of Sunday morning (September 2) and police set off in pursuit when the driver failed to stop.
A Met Police helicopter was scrambled and gave chase, with several police cars also following the Dodge saloon car, which had been reported stolen from Barnet.
At around 2.45am the car crashed off Highgate Road, shooting off to land near the tennis courts on Parliament Hill.
An ambulance crew and firefighters were called to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Paramedics treated a man believed to be in his late teens. He was rushed to St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington as a priority in critical condition.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 6 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 7 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 8 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 9 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 10 'Cycling is the future – and we must pay instructors fairly'