Man escapes attempted robbery in Hampstead following spree of jewellery muggings
- Credit: Archant
A driver in Hampstead narrowly escaped being robbed by two men on a moped.
Police are investigating the attempted robbery which took place in Chesterford Gardens, Hampstead, at around 10.30pm on January 25.
The man parked his car in Chesterford Gardens when he was allegedly approached by two men on a moped.
The pair pulled up to the driver’s window and attempted to smash it with a tool resembling a hammer before the victim drove off along Redington Road.
He was followed by the moped for a short distance before the suspects turned off in the opposite direction.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made and inquiries continue.
The incident follows a spree of violent jewellery muggings on Hampstead’s streets last year involving men on motorcycles.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 5 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 6 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 7 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 8 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 You have to laugh – mental health and the role of comedy in our lives
Anyone with information is asked to Camden Police on 101.