Man escapes attempted robbery in Hampstead following spree of jewellery muggings
- Credit: Archant
A driver in Hampstead narrowly escaped being robbed by two men on a moped.
Police are investigating the attempted robbery which took place in Chesterford Gardens, Hampstead, at around 10.30pm on January 25.
The man parked his car in Chesterford Gardens when he was allegedly approached by two men on a moped.
The pair pulled up to the driver’s window and attempted to smash it with a tool resembling a hammer before the victim drove off along Redington Road.
He was followed by the moped for a short distance before the suspects turned off in the opposite direction.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made and inquiries continue.
The incident follows a spree of violent jewellery muggings on Hampstead’s streets last year involving men on motorcycles.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 6 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 9 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 10 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
Anyone with information is asked to Camden Police on 101.