Man escapes attempted robbery in Hampstead following spree of jewellery muggings
- Credit: Archant
A driver in Hampstead narrowly escaped being robbed by two men on a moped.
Police are investigating the attempted robbery which took place in Chesterford Gardens, Hampstead, at around 10.30pm on January 25.
The man parked his car in Chesterford Gardens when he was allegedly approached by two men on a moped.
The pair pulled up to the driver’s window and attempted to smash it with a tool resembling a hammer before the victim drove off along Redington Road.
He was followed by the moped for a short distance before the suspects turned off in the opposite direction.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made and inquiries continue.
The incident follows a spree of violent jewellery muggings on Hampstead’s streets last year involving men on motorcycles.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 9 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 10 Camden, Haringey and Barnet mark Holocaust Memorial Day
Anyone with information is asked to Camden Police on 101.