Man entered house and tried to rape woman as she slept after night out in Camden Town
- Credit: AP/Press Association Images
A man who let himself into a woman’s house with her keys and tried to rape her as she slept has been found guilty of attempted rape.
Kali Marena, 25, offered to take the 42-year-old victim home after she had been on a night out in Camden High Street, Camden Town, on January 11.
Although they said no, he insisted and escorted her to her home to make sure she got back safely, before inviting himself into the property.
He was quickly persuaded to leave but before he went, he hid the victim’s house keys so he could return an hour later.
Marena, who is unemployed, then let himself into the house and tried to rape the victim as she slept on the sofa.
You may also want to watch:
A fingerprint found within the victim’s home was identified as belonging to Marena and he was arrested on January 30 following an investigation from the Metropolitan Police’s sexual offences, exploitation and child abuse command.
Marena, of no fixed address, was found guilty of one count of attempted rape at Blackfriars Crown Court yesterday and will be sentenced on Monday, December 9.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 8 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
He was found not guilty of digital penetration and attempted rape of a second woman.