Man entered house and tried to rape woman as she slept after night out in Camden Town
- Credit: AP/Press Association Images
A man who let himself into a woman’s house with her keys and tried to rape her as she slept has been found guilty of attempted rape.
Kali Marena, 25, offered to take the 42-year-old victim home after she had been on a night out in Camden High Street, Camden Town, on January 11.
Although they said no, he insisted and escorted her to her home to make sure she got back safely, before inviting himself into the property.
He was quickly persuaded to leave but before he went, he hid the victim’s house keys so he could return an hour later.
Marena, who is unemployed, then let himself into the house and tried to rape the victim as she slept on the sofa.
You may also want to watch:
A fingerprint found within the victim’s home was identified as belonging to Marena and he was arrested on January 30 following an investigation from the Metropolitan Police’s sexual offences, exploitation and child abuse command.
Marena, of no fixed address, was found guilty of one count of attempted rape at Blackfriars Crown Court yesterday and will be sentenced on Monday, December 9.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United
He was found not guilty of digital penetration and attempted rape of a second woman.