Man dies after being stabbed on Hampstead Road, Camden
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after being stabbed on Hampstead Road near London Euston station.
A teenager has been charged after the fatal stabbing of a man in Camden.
Police and paramedics, including an air ambulance, were called to the junction of Hampstead Road and Granby Terrace at 11.45am on Monday.
The 20-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene. His next of kin have been notified. A post mortem examination was due to take place yesterday (Weds).
The 17-year-old boy – arrested on Monday in connection with the investigation and taken to a central London hospital – was scheduled to appear on Wednesday at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court.
You may also want to watch:
The charge followed a police appeal for a man who was riding a pedal cycle through Harrington Street shortly after the incident and assisted an officer arresting a suspect. He was not treated as a suspect but was asked to call the Homicide and Major Crime Command (HMCC) to assist in their investigation.
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute