Man convicted for Crouch End gang-rape revealed as Islamic State fighter
- Credit: Archant
A man jailed for his role in a brutal rape reportedly joined Islamic State in Syria after being released from prison on a licence - despite being wanted by the police.
Ondogo Ahmed, 26, fled the UK to join the terrorist group three years ago, alleges The Sunday Times, which says it has seen leaked Isis recruitment files.
Ahmed and three other men were jailed for their role in the gang-rape of a 16-year-old girl.
The four men lured the young girl back to a flat in New Orleans Walk, Crouch End, where they attacked her in 2007.
The girl had been partying in Leicester Square when she lost the rest of her group.
You may also want to watch:
Ondogo Ahmed from Finsbury Park, was jailed for eight years for conspiracy to rape.
A Metropolitan Police alert said Ahmed was wanted on recall to prison in 2013.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 5 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 6 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 7 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 8 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 9 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 10 'State pension must be raised or older people face a dismal future'
“Ondogo Ahmed... is wanted on recall to prison for breaching his licence conditions by associating with one of his co-defendants. He was imprisoned for rape. He was last known to reside in Rixon Street N7 and is believed to still be in the N7 area,” the alert said.
According to The Sunday Times, Ahmed’s name appears in the recruitment files of 16 Britons that form part of a pile of leaked Isis documents.
The British files were obtained by the paper from Zaman al-Wasl, an independent Syrian news organisation opposed to the regime of Bashar al-Assad and to Isis.