Man charged with stealing from landlord of World’s End pub as he lay dead in street to appear in court
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with stealing from the landlord of an iconic Camden Town pub as he lay dead or dying in the street.
Graham Fitzpatrick, 50, of Hilldrop Crescent, Holloway, is accused of the theft of property from Michael Doheny, who ran the famous World’s End pub in Camden High Street.
Mr Doheny was found dead in the street near the pub in the early hours of the morning in November last year.
An inquest confirmed that he had died from a head injury after a night of heavy drinking.
As he lay dead or dying, his possessions were strewn across the road.
You may also want to watch:
Fitzpatrick denied the charges and will next appear at Blackfriars Crown Court on June 3.
A woman arrested at the scene for stealing from Mr Doheny has served 20 weeks in jail.
- 1 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 7 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens
- 8 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
Maria Kitanous, 47, of Drovers Way, Holloway, pleaded guilty to the theft in February.