Man charged with murder two years after father-of-two stabbed to death in Camden
- Credit: Archant
A man is due to appear in court today charged with the murder of a Dutch father-of-two in Camden Town in 2016.
Zekeria Jama Quabdid, 29, of no fixed address, is accused of murdering Romeo Nkansah, 37, who was found with a fatal stab wounds in Camden High Street, near the junction with Greenland Street, at around 3.45am on May 29.
Police and ambulance service were called and Mr Nkansah was taken to hopsital where he died an hour later.
Mr Nkansah, from Holloway, had been on a night out in Camden Lock before he was fatally stabbed.
His sister, Louise Osei-Tutu, described him as a “loving father of two young boys, who was a very caring and jovial person.”
You may also want to watch:
Quabdid, who is in custody, was due to appear at Westminster Magistrates Court later today.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 9 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 10 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath