Man charged with murder two years after father-of-two stabbed to death in Camden
- Credit: Archant
A man is due to appear in court today charged with the murder of a Dutch father-of-two in Camden Town in 2016.
Zekeria Jama Quabdid, 29, of no fixed address, is accused of murdering Romeo Nkansah, 37, who was found with a fatal stab wounds in Camden High Street, near the junction with Greenland Street, at around 3.45am on May 29.
Police and ambulance service were called and Mr Nkansah was taken to hopsital where he died an hour later.
Mr Nkansah, from Holloway, had been on a night out in Camden Lock before he was fatally stabbed.
His sister, Louise Osei-Tutu, described him as a “loving father of two young boys, who was a very caring and jovial person.”
You may also want to watch:
Quabdid, who is in custody, was due to appear at Westminster Magistrates Court later today.
- 1 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 4 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 5 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 6 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 7 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 8 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 9 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 10 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours