Man charged with murder after double shooting in East Finchley
- Credit: Archant
A 24-year-old man will appear in court today following the deaths of an aunt and her nephew in East Finchley.
Obina Ezeoke, 24, of no fixed address has been charged with two counts of murder following the deaths of Annie Besala Ekofo and her nephew, Bervil Kalikaka-Ekofo, in East Finchley.
Mother-of-nine Annie Besala Ekofo, 53, and her 21-year-old nephew Bervil Kalikaka-Ekofo were gunned down at around 6am on Thursday September 15 at a house in Elmshurst Crescent.
A post-mortem examination on Bervil Kalikaka-Ekofo found cause of death was a gunshot wound to the head.
Four other people, including a child, who were also inside the address at the time were not harmed.
You may also want to watch:
Obina Ezeoke will appear in police custody at Hendon Magistrates’ Court today.
A 20-year-old man remains on bail until a date in late October.
- 1 Two teenagers stabbed in Kilburn and South Hampstead in separate attacks
- 2 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 3 WATCH: Hampstead 8-year-old teaches history to audience of thousands
- 4 Patients being treated in hospital for Covid falls by a quarter
- 5 Camden disabled resident on fears over Haverstock Hill cycle lanes
- 6 'Real disappointment' over uptake of Covid vaccine among care home staff
- 7 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 8 Highgate band take music on the road for an 'impossible tour'
- 9 Call to remember John Le Carré during Hampstead Heath celebrations
- 10 Joe Montemurro full of praise for Jordan Nobbs following Arsenal's win over Aston Villa