Man charged with murder after double shooting in East Finchley
- Credit: Archant
A 24-year-old man will appear in court today following the deaths of an aunt and her nephew in East Finchley.
Obina Ezeoke, 24, of no fixed address has been charged with two counts of murder following the deaths of Annie Besala Ekofo and her nephew, Bervil Kalikaka-Ekofo, in East Finchley.
Mother-of-nine Annie Besala Ekofo, 53, and her 21-year-old nephew Bervil Kalikaka-Ekofo were gunned down at around 6am on Thursday September 15 at a house in Elmshurst Crescent.
A post-mortem examination on Bervil Kalikaka-Ekofo found cause of death was a gunshot wound to the head.
Four other people, including a child, who were also inside the address at the time were not harmed.
You may also want to watch:
Obina Ezeoke will appear in police custody at Hendon Magistrates’ Court today.
A 20-year-old man remains on bail until a date in late October.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 3 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 6 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 7 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 8 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 9 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 10 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'