Man charged with murder after double shooting in East Finchley
- Credit: Archant
A 24-year-old man will appear in court today following the deaths of an aunt and her nephew in East Finchley.
Obina Ezeoke, 24, of no fixed address has been charged with two counts of murder following the deaths of Annie Besala Ekofo and her nephew, Bervil Kalikaka-Ekofo, in East Finchley.
Mother-of-nine Annie Besala Ekofo, 53, and her 21-year-old nephew Bervil Kalikaka-Ekofo were gunned down at around 6am on Thursday September 15 at a house in Elmshurst Crescent.
A post-mortem examination on Bervil Kalikaka-Ekofo found cause of death was a gunshot wound to the head.
Four other people, including a child, who were also inside the address at the time were not harmed.
You may also want to watch:
Obina Ezeoke will appear in police custody at Hendon Magistrates’ Court today.
A 20-year-old man remains on bail until a date in late October.
- 1 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 4 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 5 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 6 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 7 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 8 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 9 Finchley welterweight Florian Markun has opportunity to stamp his mark
- 10 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond