Man charged with murder after double shooting in East Finchley
- Credit: Archant
A 24-year-old man will appear in court today following the deaths of an aunt and her nephew in East Finchley.
Obina Ezeoke, 24, of no fixed address has been charged with two counts of murder following the deaths of Annie Besala Ekofo and her nephew, Bervil Kalikaka-Ekofo, in East Finchley.
Mother-of-nine Annie Besala Ekofo, 53, and her 21-year-old nephew Bervil Kalikaka-Ekofo were gunned down at around 6am on Thursday September 15 at a house in Elmshurst Crescent.
A post-mortem examination on Bervil Kalikaka-Ekofo found cause of death was a gunshot wound to the head.
Four other people, including a child, who were also inside the address at the time were not harmed.
You may also want to watch:
Obina Ezeoke will appear in police custody at Hendon Magistrates’ Court today.
A 20-year-old man remains on bail until a date in late October.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 6 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers