Man charged with Golders Green double murder
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with a double murder in Golders Green after two members of a well-known bakery-owning family were found stabbed to death in their home.
Joshua Cohen, 27, has been charged with murdering his mother and sister, who were found dead on Friday night. He was arrested in Golders Hill Park on Saturday.
Leah Cohen, 66, and Hannah Cohen, 33, were found stabbed at the house on Golders Green Crescent. The family own Bagel Bake, a popular 24-hour bakery on Brick Lane known for its salt beef bagels.
The Met Police said:
“Detectives from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command investigating the murder of two women aged 66 and 33 at an address in Golders Green Crescent, Barnet, on Friday, 11 August have charged a man.
You may also want to watch:
Joshua Cohen was charged at 9.50 pm on Sunday with two counts of murder.
He was remanded in custody to appear at Hendon Magistrates Court on Monday.”
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 5 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 7 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52
Detective Chief Superintendent Simon Rose of Barnet Police said: “High visibility foot patrols have been stepped up in the area and police will be on hand to listen and respond to community concerns.
“We will continue to work with the CST and keep them fully updated with significant developments.”