Man charged with Golders Green double murder
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with a double murder in Golders Green after two members of a well-known bakery-owning family were found stabbed to death in their home.
Joshua Cohen, 27, has been charged with murdering his mother and sister, who were found dead on Friday night. He was arrested in Golders Hill Park on Saturday.
Leah Cohen, 66, and Hannah Cohen, 33, were found stabbed at the house on Golders Green Crescent. The family own Bagel Bake, a popular 24-hour bakery on Brick Lane known for its salt beef bagels.
The Met Police said:
“Detectives from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command investigating the murder of two women aged 66 and 33 at an address in Golders Green Crescent, Barnet, on Friday, 11 August have charged a man.
You may also want to watch:
Joshua Cohen was charged at 9.50 pm on Sunday with two counts of murder.
He was remanded in custody to appear at Hendon Magistrates Court on Monday.”
- 1 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 10 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
Detective Chief Superintendent Simon Rose of Barnet Police said: “High visibility foot patrols have been stepped up in the area and police will be on hand to listen and respond to community concerns.
“We will continue to work with the CST and keep them fully updated with significant developments.”