Man charged with Golders Green double murder
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with a double murder in Golders Green after two members of a well-known bakery-owning family were found stabbed to death in their home.
Joshua Cohen, 27, has been charged with murdering his mother and sister, who were found dead on Friday night. He was arrested in Golders Hill Park on Saturday.
Leah Cohen, 66, and Hannah Cohen, 33, were found stabbed at the house on Golders Green Crescent. The family own Bagel Bake, a popular 24-hour bakery on Brick Lane known for its salt beef bagels.
The Met Police said:
“Detectives from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command investigating the murder of two women aged 66 and 33 at an address in Golders Green Crescent, Barnet, on Friday, 11 August have charged a man.
Joshua Cohen was charged at 9.50 pm on Sunday with two counts of murder.
He was remanded in custody to appear at Hendon Magistrates Court on Monday.”
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 3 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 4 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 5 Renaissance painting discovered in pensioner's bedroom sells for £255k
- 6 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 7 'Shambles': Haringey's parking website still full of problems
- 8 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Haringey
- 9 Camden woman in running for Miss Universe Germany
- 10 Crouch End mum wins Jamie Oliver's cooking show on Channel 4
Detective Chief Superintendent Simon Rose of Barnet Police said: “High visibility foot patrols have been stepped up in the area and police will be on hand to listen and respond to community concerns.
“We will continue to work with the CST and keep them fully updated with significant developments.”