Man charged with Golders Green double murder
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with a double murder in Golders Green after two members of a well-known bakery-owning family were found stabbed to death in their home.
Joshua Cohen, 27, has been charged with murdering his mother and sister, who were found dead on Friday night. He was arrested in Golders Hill Park on Saturday.
Leah Cohen, 66, and Hannah Cohen, 33, were found stabbed at the house on Golders Green Crescent. The family own Bagel Bake, a popular 24-hour bakery on Brick Lane known for its salt beef bagels.
The Met Police said:
“Detectives from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command investigating the murder of two women aged 66 and 33 at an address in Golders Green Crescent, Barnet, on Friday, 11 August have charged a man.
You may also want to watch:
Joshua Cohen was charged at 9.50 pm on Sunday with two counts of murder.
He was remanded in custody to appear at Hendon Magistrates Court on Monday.”
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 7 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
Detective Chief Superintendent Simon Rose of Barnet Police said: “High visibility foot patrols have been stepped up in the area and police will be on hand to listen and respond to community concerns.
“We will continue to work with the CST and keep them fully updated with significant developments.”