Man charged with Golders Green double murder
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with a double murder in Golders Green after two members of a well-known bakery-owning family were found stabbed to death in their home.
Joshua Cohen, 27, has been charged with murdering his mother and sister, who were found dead on Friday night. He was arrested in Golders Hill Park on Saturday.
Leah Cohen, 66, and Hannah Cohen, 33, were found stabbed at the house on Golders Green Crescent. The family own Bagel Bake, a popular 24-hour bakery on Brick Lane known for its salt beef bagels.
The Met Police said:
“Detectives from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command investigating the murder of two women aged 66 and 33 at an address in Golders Green Crescent, Barnet, on Friday, 11 August have charged a man.
You may also want to watch:
Joshua Cohen was charged at 9.50 pm on Sunday with two counts of murder.
He was remanded in custody to appear at Hendon Magistrates Court on Monday.”
- 1 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 2 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 7 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 10 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
Detective Chief Superintendent Simon Rose of Barnet Police said: “High visibility foot patrols have been stepped up in the area and police will be on hand to listen and respond to community concerns.
“We will continue to work with the CST and keep them fully updated with significant developments.”