Man charged after 87-year-old woman robbed in Camden
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged in connection with the robbery of an elderly woman in Camden
Andrew Alexander, 37, of Sutton Lane South, Chiswick was charged on January 6 with two counts of robbery and one count of fraud.
The charges relate to an incident in Albert Street, Camden on November 22 last year, in which pensioner Stella Magarshack was left fighting for her life. She remains in a critical condition in hospital.
Ms Magarshack, an artist, taught at King Alfred’s School in Golders Green and exhibited her paintings at Lauderdale House in 2011.
Alexander was also charged with a separate case of robbery in connection with an incident in Hounslow on January 2.
You may also want to watch:
He appeared at court and has been remanded in custody to next appear at Isleworth Crown Court on 27 March.
Officers from Camden are still investigating.
- 1 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 2 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 3 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 4 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 5 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 6 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 7 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 8 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 9 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath