Man charged after 87-year-old woman robbed in Camden
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged in connection with the robbery of an elderly woman in Camden
Andrew Alexander, 37, of Sutton Lane South, Chiswick was charged on January 6 with two counts of robbery and one count of fraud.
The charges relate to an incident in Albert Street, Camden on November 22 last year, in which pensioner Stella Magarshack was left fighting for her life. She remains in a critical condition in hospital.
Ms Magarshack, an artist, taught at King Alfred’s School in Golders Green and exhibited her paintings at Lauderdale House in 2011.
Alexander was also charged with a separate case of robbery in connection with an incident in Hounslow on January 2.
You may also want to watch:
He appeared at court and has been remanded in custody to next appear at Isleworth Crown Court on 27 March.
Officers from Camden are still investigating.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill