Man charged after 87-year-old woman robbed in Camden
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged in connection with the robbery of an elderly woman in Camden
Andrew Alexander, 37, of Sutton Lane South, Chiswick was charged on January 6 with two counts of robbery and one count of fraud.
The charges relate to an incident in Albert Street, Camden on November 22 last year, in which pensioner Stella Magarshack was left fighting for her life. She remains in a critical condition in hospital.
Ms Magarshack, an artist, taught at King Alfred’s School in Golders Green and exhibited her paintings at Lauderdale House in 2011.
Alexander was also charged with a separate case of robbery in connection with an incident in Hounslow on January 2.
You may also want to watch:
He appeared at court and has been remanded in custody to next appear at Isleworth Crown Court on 27 March.
Officers from Camden are still investigating.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end