Man arrested on suspicion of Maida Vale stabbing
A TEENAGER has been arrested on suspicion of the attempted murder of a 66-year-old man found stabbed in Maida Vale last night.
The victim was found lying on the floor in Saltram Crescent with several stab wounds to his stomach and chest at about 10pm.
He was rushed to hospital where he had extensive surgery and remains in a critical condition.
The 18-year-old has been arrested and is being held at a central London police station.
Detective Inspector Paul Armstrong, who is leading the investigation, said: “This was a violent attack during which the victim was stabbed multiple times and has been left in a critical condition in hospital.
“I would urge anyone who may have seen or heard something, or been in the area at the time of the attack to get in touch as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Westminster Serious Violence Team on 020 7321 9314 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 3 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 6 The most expensive homes sold in Camden in November 2021
- 7 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 8 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'