Man arrested on suspicion of Maida Vale stabbing
A TEENAGER has been arrested on suspicion of the attempted murder of a 66-year-old man found stabbed in Maida Vale last night.
The victim was found lying on the floor in Saltram Crescent with several stab wounds to his stomach and chest at about 10pm.
He was rushed to hospital where he had extensive surgery and remains in a critical condition.
The 18-year-old has been arrested and is being held at a central London police station.
Detective Inspector Paul Armstrong, who is leading the investigation, said: “This was a violent attack during which the victim was stabbed multiple times and has been left in a critical condition in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge anyone who may have seen or heard something, or been in the area at the time of the attack to get in touch as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Westminster Serious Violence Team on 020 7321 9314 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 7 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 8 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Injury concerns spoil Arsenal's win over Sheffield United