Man arrested on suspicion of Maida Vale stabbing
A TEENAGER has been arrested on suspicion of the attempted murder of a 66-year-old man found stabbed in Maida Vale last night.
The victim was found lying on the floor in Saltram Crescent with several stab wounds to his stomach and chest at about 10pm.
He was rushed to hospital where he had extensive surgery and remains in a critical condition.
The 18-year-old has been arrested and is being held at a central London police station.
Detective Inspector Paul Armstrong, who is leading the investigation, said: “This was a violent attack during which the victim was stabbed multiple times and has been left in a critical condition in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge anyone who may have seen or heard something, or been in the area at the time of the attack to get in touch as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Westminster Serious Violence Team on 020 7321 9314 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 3 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 4 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 5 'No one should be aiming to breathe air that is only just legal'
- 6 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 7 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 10 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End