Man arrested on suspicion of Maida Vale stabbing
A TEENAGER has been arrested on suspicion of the attempted murder of a 66-year-old man found stabbed in Maida Vale last night.
The victim was found lying on the floor in Saltram Crescent with several stab wounds to his stomach and chest at about 10pm.
He was rushed to hospital where he had extensive surgery and remains in a critical condition.
The 18-year-old has been arrested and is being held at a central London police station.
Detective Inspector Paul Armstrong, who is leading the investigation, said: “This was a violent attack during which the victim was stabbed multiple times and has been left in a critical condition in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge anyone who may have seen or heard something, or been in the area at the time of the attack to get in touch as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Westminster Serious Violence Team on 020 7321 9314 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 3 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 9 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 10 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans