Man arrested on suspicion of Maida Vale stabbing
A TEENAGER has been arrested on suspicion of the attempted murder of a 66-year-old man found stabbed in Maida Vale last night.
The victim was found lying on the floor in Saltram Crescent with several stab wounds to his stomach and chest at about 10pm.
He was rushed to hospital where he had extensive surgery and remains in a critical condition.
The 18-year-old has been arrested and is being held at a central London police station.
Detective Inspector Paul Armstrong, who is leading the investigation, said: “This was a violent attack during which the victim was stabbed multiple times and has been left in a critical condition in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge anyone who may have seen or heard something, or been in the area at the time of the attack to get in touch as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Westminster Serious Violence Team on 020 7321 9314 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 9 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 10 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears