Man arrested following fatal Crouch End blaze
Police confirm a 57-year-old woman died at the scene
A 21-YEAR-OLD man has been arrested following a fatal fire in Crouch End yesterday.
The blaze tore through Alyn Court on Crescent Road on Monday around 4pm - when firefighters arrived they found a fire had damaged part of a flat on the lower bottom ground floor and the body of a 57-year-old woman was inside.
A spokesman for the London Fire Service said their four engines and 20 firefighters helped to rescue two women trapped on the second floor of the property and another on the first floor - all three were treated for smoke inhalation.
The 21-year-old was first hospitalised following the fire, which police say they are treating as “unexplained” at this time.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews controlled the blaze just before 6pm and residents were allowed back into their homes around half an hour later.
- 1 'Auto-destruction' in a train shed: how the Roundhouse made Camden cool
- 2 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 3 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 4 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 5 Reader letter: Rubbish bins in Camden need 'levelling up'
- 6 We are acting to stop low-quality housing being built in Haringey
- 7 Hampstead bakery sells challah hearts for Mental Health Awareness Week
- 8 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 9 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 10 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins