Man arrested following fatal Crouch End blaze
Police confirm a 57-year-old woman died at the scene
A 21-YEAR-OLD man has been arrested following a fatal fire in Crouch End yesterday.
The blaze tore through Alyn Court on Crescent Road on Monday around 4pm - when firefighters arrived they found a fire had damaged part of a flat on the lower bottom ground floor and the body of a 57-year-old woman was inside.
A spokesman for the London Fire Service said their four engines and 20 firefighters helped to rescue two women trapped on the second floor of the property and another on the first floor - all three were treated for smoke inhalation.
The 21-year-old was first hospitalised following the fire, which police say they are treating as “unexplained” at this time.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews controlled the blaze just before 6pm and residents were allowed back into their homes around half an hour later.
- 1 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 2 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 3 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 4 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 5 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 6 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 7 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden
- 8 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 9 For sale: Suggs' former 'bachelor pad' with gold-gilded underground bar
- 10 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets