Man arrested by armed police in West Hampstead is jailed
- Credit: Archant
A man who was arrested after armed police stopped a car in West Hampstead has been jailed for five months.
Officers from the specialist firearms command swarmed the car at the junction of Mill Lane and West End Lane just after 10pm last Tuesday (February 3).
Kadie Spence, 27, of Northcote Road, Croydon, was charged with possession of a bladed article.
He appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court the next day (February 4) where he pleaded guilty to possession of a bladed article and was sentenced to 20 weeks’ imprisonment.
Whilst at court, it was established that Spence was on licence from prison until May 2 for a firearm offence.
You may also want to watch:
He was recalled to prison until this date for breaching the terms of his parole licence.
The 20 weeks’ imprisonment for possession of a bladed article will commence after his recall period.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 6 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers