Man arrested by armed police in West Hampstead is jailed
- Credit: Archant
A man who was arrested after armed police stopped a car in West Hampstead has been jailed for five months.
Officers from the specialist firearms command swarmed the car at the junction of Mill Lane and West End Lane just after 10pm last Tuesday (February 3).
Kadie Spence, 27, of Northcote Road, Croydon, was charged with possession of a bladed article.
He appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court the next day (February 4) where he pleaded guilty to possession of a bladed article and was sentenced to 20 weeks’ imprisonment.
Whilst at court, it was established that Spence was on licence from prison until May 2 for a firearm offence.
You may also want to watch:
He was recalled to prison until this date for breaching the terms of his parole licence.
The 20 weeks’ imprisonment for possession of a bladed article will commence after his recall period.
- 1 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 2 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United