Man arrested by armed police in West Hampstead is jailed
- Credit: Archant
A man who was arrested after armed police stopped a car in West Hampstead has been jailed for five months.
Officers from the specialist firearms command swarmed the car at the junction of Mill Lane and West End Lane just after 10pm last Tuesday (February 3).
Kadie Spence, 27, of Northcote Road, Croydon, was charged with possession of a bladed article.
He appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court the next day (February 4) where he pleaded guilty to possession of a bladed article and was sentenced to 20 weeks’ imprisonment.
Whilst at court, it was established that Spence was on licence from prison until May 2 for a firearm offence.
He was recalled to prison until this date for breaching the terms of his parole licence.
The 20 weeks’ imprisonment for possession of a bladed article will commence after his recall period.
- 1 Obituary: Tributes to Gospel Oak toy 'legend' Kristin Baybars
- 2 Meet the Crouch End duo taking on McDonald's
- 3 John Lewis Christmas advert: The Golders Green teenager who met an alien
- 4 Hundreds march against male violence in Haringey
- 5 'The case for Arsenal starting places for Martinelli and Tierney'
- 6 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 7 Three dogs saved from Swiss Cottage flat fire
- 8 Mayor lights up 139 bus for Christmas lights campaign
- 9 'Looking for '70s or '80s clothing? Here is a north London gem'
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland