Man arrested by armed police in West Hampstead is jailed
- Credit: Archant
A man who was arrested after armed police stopped a car in West Hampstead has been jailed for five months.
Officers from the specialist firearms command swarmed the car at the junction of Mill Lane and West End Lane just after 10pm last Tuesday (February 3).
Kadie Spence, 27, of Northcote Road, Croydon, was charged with possession of a bladed article.
He appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court the next day (February 4) where he pleaded guilty to possession of a bladed article and was sentenced to 20 weeks’ imprisonment.
Whilst at court, it was established that Spence was on licence from prison until May 2 for a firearm offence.
You may also want to watch:
He was recalled to prison until this date for breaching the terms of his parole licence.
The 20 weeks’ imprisonment for possession of a bladed article will commence after his recall period.
- 1 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 2 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 5 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report