Man arrested by armed police in West Hampstead is jailed
- Credit: Archant
A man who was arrested after armed police stopped a car in West Hampstead has been jailed for five months.
Officers from the specialist firearms command swarmed the car at the junction of Mill Lane and West End Lane just after 10pm last Tuesday (February 3).
Kadie Spence, 27, of Northcote Road, Croydon, was charged with possession of a bladed article.
He appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court the next day (February 4) where he pleaded guilty to possession of a bladed article and was sentenced to 20 weeks’ imprisonment.
Whilst at court, it was established that Spence was on licence from prison until May 2 for a firearm offence.
You may also want to watch:
He was recalled to prison until this date for breaching the terms of his parole licence.
The 20 weeks’ imprisonment for possession of a bladed article will commence after his recall period.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 3 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 4 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 7 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 8 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 9 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 10 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E