Man arrested as he tries giving neighbour’s cat to his mother for Christmas
- Credit: Archant
After spotting a message on Twitter from Barnet Police about a burglar who stole a cat from his neighbour only to give it to his own mother as a Christmas present, we thought it must have been a festive joke at the public’s expense.
The convivial message said: “A burglar was arrested on Xmas day for stealing an expensive cat from his neighbour and giving it to his mother as a present. #pawsforthought”
It all seemed too purrfectly implausible.
But sure enough, the story was confirmed by officers and a cat burglar had been on the prowl in Colindale.
At around 11.30pm on Christmas Day, officers were called to a reported burglary where a 19-year-old woman’s 10-month-old cat had been stolen.
After a short investigation the cat was recovered and returned to its owner.
A 31-year-old man was arrested and has been bailed pending further enquiries.
- 1 Fans pray for Bosco 'and his big stick' as he goes into surgery
- 2 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 3 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 4 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 5 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
- 6 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 7 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 8 Golders Green school hosts reunion ahead of closure
- 9 Chalcots: Camden Council lawsuit ran up £6m legal bill in under three years
- 10 Crime writer: Why I'm donating royalties to Dogs Trust
As officers were quick to note, the whole affair should give the person responsible some serious paws for thought.