Man arrested as he tries giving neighbour’s cat to his mother for Christmas
- Credit: Archant
After spotting a message on Twitter from Barnet Police about a burglar who stole a cat from his neighbour only to give it to his own mother as a Christmas present, we thought it must have been a festive joke at the public’s expense.
The convivial message said: “A burglar was arrested on Xmas day for stealing an expensive cat from his neighbour and giving it to his mother as a present. #pawsforthought”
It all seemed too purrfectly implausible.
But sure enough, the story was confirmed by officers and a cat burglar had been on the prowl in Colindale.
At around 11.30pm on Christmas Day, officers were called to a reported burglary where a 19-year-old woman’s 10-month-old cat had been stolen.
You may also want to watch:
After a short investigation the cat was recovered and returned to its owner.
A 31-year-old man was arrested and has been bailed pending further enquiries.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 4 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 7 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens
As officers were quick to note, the whole affair should give the person responsible some serious paws for thought.