Man arrested after woman seriously injured during police car chase in Highgate
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested a man after a woman was hospitalised in a collision with a stolen car during a police chase in Highgate.
Police said the 23-year-old man was arrested yesterday afternoon “for a variety of offences”, including causing serious injury by dangerous driving.
He remains in custody at a north London police station.
A 27-year-old woman was left with serious leg, hip and facial injuries in the collision with a black Ford Focus in Shepherd’s Hill, near the junction with Archway Road, on Monday morning.
The incident followed a chase that started in Colindale when the driver of the vehicle was said to have failed to stop for police.
You may also want to watch:
The collision with the woman happened just 10 minutes later.
Police say the vehicle, which did not stop and left the scene, was later found to have been reported lost or stolen.
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 4 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 5 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 6 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 7 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 8 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 10 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
The woman, who was rushed to St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington, remains in a serious but not life-threatening condition.