Man arrested after woman seriously injured during police car chase in Highgate
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested a man after a woman was hospitalised in a collision with a stolen car during a police chase in Highgate.
Police said the 23-year-old man was arrested yesterday afternoon “for a variety of offences”, including causing serious injury by dangerous driving.
He remains in custody at a north London police station.
A 27-year-old woman was left with serious leg, hip and facial injuries in the collision with a black Ford Focus in Shepherd’s Hill, near the junction with Archway Road, on Monday morning.
The incident followed a chase that started in Colindale when the driver of the vehicle was said to have failed to stop for police.
You may also want to watch:
The collision with the woman happened just 10 minutes later.
Police say the vehicle, which did not stop and left the scene, was later found to have been reported lost or stolen.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 3 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 4 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 5 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 9 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 10 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
The woman, who was rushed to St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington, remains in a serious but not life-threatening condition.