Man arrested after woman seriously injured during police car chase in Highgate
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested a man after a woman was hospitalised in a collision with a stolen car during a police chase in Highgate.
Police said the 23-year-old man was arrested yesterday afternoon “for a variety of offences”, including causing serious injury by dangerous driving.
He remains in custody at a north London police station.
A 27-year-old woman was left with serious leg, hip and facial injuries in the collision with a black Ford Focus in Shepherd’s Hill, near the junction with Archway Road, on Monday morning.
The incident followed a chase that started in Colindale when the driver of the vehicle was said to have failed to stop for police.
You may also want to watch:
The collision with the woman happened just 10 minutes later.
Police say the vehicle, which did not stop and left the scene, was later found to have been reported lost or stolen.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 7 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
The woman, who was rushed to St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington, remains in a serious but not life-threatening condition.