Man arrested after woman seriously injured during police car chase in Highgate
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested a man after a woman was hospitalised in a collision with a stolen car during a police chase in Highgate.
Police said the 23-year-old man was arrested yesterday afternoon “for a variety of offences”, including causing serious injury by dangerous driving.
He remains in custody at a north London police station.
A 27-year-old woman was left with serious leg, hip and facial injuries in the collision with a black Ford Focus in Shepherd’s Hill, near the junction with Archway Road, on Monday morning.
The incident followed a chase that started in Colindale when the driver of the vehicle was said to have failed to stop for police.
The collision with the woman happened just 10 minutes later.
Police say the vehicle, which did not stop and left the scene, was later found to have been reported lost or stolen.
- 1 Man in his 30s stabbed to death
- 2 Spurs survive 'Lasagna-gate 2' and it's over to Arsenal
- 3 Hampstead pharmacy under investigation over extra charges for prescriptions
- 4 'Lianne La Havas gets big love from Koko crowd'
- 5 Motorcyclist injured in Highgate Hill collision
- 6 Single evokes lockdown 'fairytale' camp on Hampstead Heath
- 7 West Hampstead woman's kids' clothes success story
- 8 'The law isn't important to us': Car tyres deflated by activists in Camden
- 9 Beloved father choked to death on cauliflower after Highgate Care Home 'neglect'
- 10 Tributes paid to Belsize 'man of many talents' who co-founded Abacus school
The woman, who was rushed to St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington, remains in a serious but not life-threatening condition.