Man arrested after two teens stabbed at Hampstead Heath Lido
A man has been arrested following a double stabbing at Hampstead Heath Lido.
The open air swimming pool was cleared and police called at around 5.20pm on Tuesday (July 24) when the fight broke out as families enjoyed the hottest day of the year at the lido.
Two ambulances were called to treat a 16-year-old boy for a wound to his abdomen and a 19-year-old man for a knife wound to his buttocks.
Neither injury was understood to be life threatening as the Ham&High went to press.
A man was arrested on suspicion of assault and taken in for questioning by CID detectives.
You may also want to watch:
No-one has been charged over the incident.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 3 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 6 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 7 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 8 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 9 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine
- 10 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars