Man accused of murder after senior lecturer stabbed to death in Hilldrop Crescent
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old man appeared in court on New Year’s Eve charged with the murder of a senior hospital lecturer.
Timchang Nandap, of Pett Street, Woolwich, has been charged following the death of 41-year-old Dr Jeroen Ensink following an incident on Dec 27.
Police had been called to reports of a stabbing at around 1.50pm. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
Nandap appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on December 31 and was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on Monday.
A post-mortem examination held at the Whittington Hospital on December 31 gave cause of death as multiple stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Jeroen Ensink a senior lecturer at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, in Gower Street, was leading a study in the Democratic Republic of Congo into improving water supply to prevent cholera.
His next of kin have been informed.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 10 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m