Man accused of helping to run Camden brothel jailed for six months
- Credit: Archant
A man who was cleared of assisting in the running of a Camden brothel has been sentenced to six months in prison.
Waldemar Walczak, 29, was sentenced last week at Blackfriars Crown Court for possession of criminal property, receiving proceeds of a crime and the removal of criminal property.
Walczak, of Coopers Lane, King’s Cross, was acquitted of assisting in the running of the Steam and Sun Health Club, a brothel masquerading as a massage parlour, in Chalton Street, King’s Cross.
In July, brothel boss Ross Lawson was jailed for two years for raking in more than £1million from the business.
His sister Jade, appeared in court alongside him.
You may also want to watch:
She was handed a suspended six-month sentence for receiving £300,000 from her brother, generated from the brothel’s profits, to pay off student debts.
- 1 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 2 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 3 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 4 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 5 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 6 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 7 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme
- 8 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 9 Vagina Museum reopens with the history of periods
- 10 Camden’s recycling rate has fallen – and this rubbish is now urgent