Man accused of helping to run Camden brothel jailed for six months
- Credit: Archant
A man who was cleared of assisting in the running of a Camden brothel has been sentenced to six months in prison.
Waldemar Walczak, 29, was sentenced last week at Blackfriars Crown Court for possession of criminal property, receiving proceeds of a crime and the removal of criminal property.
Walczak, of Coopers Lane, King’s Cross, was acquitted of assisting in the running of the Steam and Sun Health Club, a brothel masquerading as a massage parlour, in Chalton Street, King’s Cross.
In July, brothel boss Ross Lawson was jailed for two years for raking in more than £1million from the business.
His sister Jade, appeared in court alongside him.
You may also want to watch:
She was handed a suspended six-month sentence for receiving £300,000 from her brother, generated from the brothel’s profits, to pay off student debts.
- 1 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 2 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 3 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 4 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 5 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 6 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 7 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 8 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named
- 9 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 10 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots