Man accused of helping to run Camden brothel jailed for six months
- Credit: Archant
A man who was cleared of assisting in the running of a Camden brothel has been sentenced to six months in prison.
Waldemar Walczak, 29, was sentenced last week at Blackfriars Crown Court for possession of criminal property, receiving proceeds of a crime and the removal of criminal property.
Walczak, of Coopers Lane, King’s Cross, was acquitted of assisting in the running of the Steam and Sun Health Club, a brothel masquerading as a massage parlour, in Chalton Street, King’s Cross.
In July, brothel boss Ross Lawson was jailed for two years for raking in more than £1million from the business.
His sister Jade, appeared in court alongside him.
You may also want to watch:
She was handed a suspended six-month sentence for receiving £300,000 from her brother, generated from the brothel’s profits, to pay off student debts.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 7 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 8 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 9 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 10 Future of Royal Free Hospital nurseries uncertain amid staff consultation