Man, 23, is stabbed in Gospel Oak station ticket hall brawl
Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward
A 23-year-old man has been stabbed at Gospel Oak station – two weeks after a similar attack in the same road left a man in hospital.
In the latest incident, a Holloway man was stabbed in the chest just before 10pm on Monday after a brawl at the station’s booking hall in Gordon House Road.
He was taken by paramedics to the Royal London Hospital. His condition is stable and his injuries are not said to be life- threatening.
On June 26, a 25-year-old man was stabbed near Parliament Hill Lido, 500 yards away. And, in May, another man in his 20s was hospitalised with serious injuries after he accidentally shot himself in the leg in nearby Haverstock Hill.
You may also want to watch:
Parliament Hill School teacher Linda Black got off her delayed train at Gospel Oak shortly after Monday’s stabbing. She said: “It is an extremely shocking and upsetting thing to happen. People were put out that they weren’t allowed to get out of the station. But as soon as I realised that someone had been stabbed, it was really, really worrying.”
But Ms Black, of Spencer Rise, Dartmouth Park, still feels that Gospel Oak is a safe place to live and work.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 5 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 6 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 7 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 8 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 9 You have to laugh – mental health and the role of comedy in our lives
- 10 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
Gospel Oak councillor, Theo Blackwell, is concerned at the spate of attacks but warns against assuming there is a problem with youth violence in the area.
“Of course this is a shocking incident,” he said. “We are concerned about the fact that there have been a spate of recent incidents in the area and we are working with police.
“I think we need to be careful not to piece together all of the incidents and make something more than it is.
“The weather has been hot and people have been using the Heath. More people are around and there is more opportunity for crime.”
The British Transport Police (BTP) is appealing for witnesses to come forward.
A spokesman said: “Following the incident, two men were reported to have left the scene. We believe they could hold key information about what took place.
“Anyone who witnessed the incident or knows the identity of those responsible is asked to come forward and contact the BTP on 0800 40 50 40 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
No arrests have been made.