Maida Vale women targeted in spate of sex offences
Boys aged as young as 10 are being hunted by police after six women were sexually assaulted or flashed at by youths exposing themselves in Maida Vale over the past month.
Different suspects have committed sexual offences as women walk through Maida Vale in the early evening from February 14 to March 14.
All the suspects have been described by their victims as ranging from 10 to 15-years-old.
In the first two incidents, two women who were walking down Castellain Road on February 14 were approached by a young boy who exposed himself.
The incidents happened within five minutes of each other at 7.15pm and 7.20pm.
You may also want to watch:
Both victims described the youth as 5ft 7ins, white, about 15-years-old, with dark mousy brown hair, wearing grey jogging bottoms and a dark hooded top.
Three days later a woman was sexually assaulted by a youth who approached her on Warrington Crescent at 7.45pm. He then also exposed himself to her.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 3 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 4 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 5 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 6 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 7 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
The suspect is described as white, aged about 14, 5ft 1in, with short brown hair, wearing grey jogging bottoms and a dark coloured gilet.
The fourth incident, on February 19, took place on Woodfield Place at 7.10pm when the suspect approached the female victim and exposed himself.
He is described as white, aged between 10 and 12, with a ‘childish’ face, short dark hair, about 5ft 4ins tall, and wearing grey jogging bottoms.
Three weeks later on March 9 a boy approached a woman in Sutherland Avenue at 8.27pm and sexually assaulted her.
The suspect is described as possibly black, aged about 14, wearing a bright red hoodie, a black gilet and dark trousers.
The last incident, which took place at about 7.50pm last Wednesday (March 14) saw a youth riding a mountain bike expose himself to a woman in Wymering Road.
He is described as of Mediterranean appearance, aged about 15, with short dark cropped hair, wearing a bright red hoodie, navy jogging bottoms and shiny trainers.
Two youths were arrested at the start of March in connection with the incidents.
One has been released and the other is bailed to return pending further inquiries.
Detectives are urging anyone with information to come forward along with any victims who may not have already contacted the police.
Anyone with information should call Detective Constable Rod Austin on 020 7321 9365 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.