Lorry driver charged with 97-year-old Marylebone pensioner’s death
A lorry driver has been charged with causing the death of a 97-year-old woman on Marylebone Road last June.
Nora Gutmann, of The Avenue, Queen’s Park, died after a collision with a lorry at a pedestrian crossing outside Madame Tussauds on June 17 last year.
Yesterday (Wednesday, March 28), Joao Lopes, 56, of Ashlin Road, Stratford, was charged with causing death by dangerous driving and will appear at West London Magistrates Court on Wednesday, April 4.
At the time, a London Ambulance Service spokeswoman said Ms Gutmann suffered a cardiac arrest and she was pronounced dead at St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington.
Det Supt Jeff Edwards said: “I am grateful for a number of people who stopped at the scene to assist the casualty.”
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as multiple injuries.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'