Looters hit Chalk Farm
Rioters swept through Camden in the early hours of the morning
Chalk Farm was hit by copycat rioters last night who raided Evans Cycle Shop and the Sainsbury’s Local.
Looters broke into the shops late last night, smashing the windows and swiping food from the store.
Residents endured a terrifying night in their homes, with many posting pictures of groups of youths roaming the streets in the early hours of the morning.
Some reports estimate that up to 100 rioters hit Chalk Farm, with several small fires raging.
You may also want to watch:
One Twitter user wrote: “So I just went up chalk farm up Camden and it’s mental out there. Hoodies all over, riot police failing to deal with it and looting at large”
Another wrote: “Police standing in line no riot gear brave men chalk farm.”
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Gravestone is a reminder that slavery left its mark in north London
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
Lines of uniformed police took to the streets to quell the violence, and helicopters combed the area. However, it is not yet known how many arrests were made.
Determined residents and traders equipped with brooms and binliners are this morning embarking on a major clean up in Chalk Farm.