Looters hit Chalk Farm
Rioters swept through Camden in the early hours of the morning
Chalk Farm was hit by copycat rioters last night who raided Evans Cycle Shop and the Sainsbury’s Local.
Looters broke into the shops late last night, smashing the windows and swiping food from the store.
Residents endured a terrifying night in their homes, with many posting pictures of groups of youths roaming the streets in the early hours of the morning.
Some reports estimate that up to 100 rioters hit Chalk Farm, with several small fires raging.
You may also want to watch:
One Twitter user wrote: “So I just went up chalk farm up Camden and it’s mental out there. Hoodies all over, riot police failing to deal with it and looting at large”
Another wrote: “Police standing in line no riot gear brave men chalk farm.”
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 5 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 6 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 7 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 8 Hampstead Heath guru Diane is 'a lifeline' for women's walking group
- 9 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
Lines of uniformed police took to the streets to quell the violence, and helicopters combed the area. However, it is not yet known how many arrests were made.
Determined residents and traders equipped with brooms and binliners are this morning embarking on a major clean up in Chalk Farm.