Looters hit Chalk Farm
Rioters swept through Camden in the early hours of the morning
Chalk Farm was hit by copycat rioters last night who raided Evans Cycle Shop and the Sainsbury’s Local.
Looters broke into the shops late last night, smashing the windows and swiping food from the store.
Residents endured a terrifying night in their homes, with many posting pictures of groups of youths roaming the streets in the early hours of the morning.
Some reports estimate that up to 100 rioters hit Chalk Farm, with several small fires raging.
You may also want to watch:
One Twitter user wrote: “So I just went up chalk farm up Camden and it’s mental out there. Hoodies all over, riot police failing to deal with it and looting at large”
Another wrote: “Police standing in line no riot gear brave men chalk farm.”
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 10 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
Lines of uniformed police took to the streets to quell the violence, and helicopters combed the area. However, it is not yet known how many arrests were made.
Determined residents and traders equipped with brooms and binliners are this morning embarking on a major clean up in Chalk Farm.