Lone women bitten and robbed by teenagers in Paddington
A teenage girl and boy have been sentenced after committing a series of violent robberies in which they bit vulnerable lone women around Paddington.
The 15-year-old girl and 14-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, robbed three lone women off Marylebone Road and Praed Street earlier this year.
The first two offences took place on January 24 in an underpass on Marylebone Road, near Edgware Road tube station.
The first victim was walking through the underpass at around 6.40pm when she was set upon by her attackers. The boy grabbed the woman’s arm and bit her hard enough to leave teeth marks through her jacket.
During this time the girl rifled through the victim’s belongings before running off.
Five minutes later the robbers shoved another woman against the wall and rummaged through her bag.
The third offence took place on February 22 in Praed Street when the victim was approached by the boy who was operating alone.
- 1 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 2 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 3 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
- 4 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 5 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 6 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 7 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 8 'Gabriels stun Koko – superstardom seems inevitable'
- 9 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 10 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
He attacked the woman, biting her hand through her glove and causing injuries for which she needed medical attention.
Last week the girl was sentenced to a 10-month referral order after pleading guilty to two counts of robbery at West London Youth court.
The boy was given a 12-month order after pleading guilty to two counts of robbery and one of attempted robbery.
Det Con Tom Hume-Rodiguez said: “The total disregard for people shown by these youths is just breathtaking and displays the lack of decency and respect these youngsters had towards the general public.”