London riots: Harry Potter actor charged with having petrol bomb
A West Hampstead actor who played a wizard bully boy in Harry Potter films has been charged with having a petrol bomb during the Camden riots.
A West Hampstead actor who played a wizard bully boy in the Harry Potter films has been charged with possessing a petrol bomb during disturbances in Camden.
Jamie Waylett, who played Hogwarts thug Vincent Crabbe in six instalments of the multi-billion pound film franchise, also faces allegations of violent disorder and handling a stolen bottle of champagne from Sainsbury’s in Chalk Farm.
The supermarket was among the shops in Chalk Farm Road to be looted on August 8.
The 22-year-old from Messina Avenue, whose character was written out of the final two Deathly Hallows films, was arrested at his home on September 20 and charged under the Criminal Damage Act. He is alleged to have armed himself with a petrol bomb, threatened unlawful violence and handled stolen goods.
You may also want to watch:
He has appeared twice at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court to face the allegations. Waylett was released on conditional bail on October 4, until he returns before magistrates on November 10.
Camden police’s dedicated Operation Withern team this week released images of its 21 most wanted and are appealing for the public to help identify remaining suspects.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 4 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 5 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 8 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
- 9 In pictures: The Parkland Walk in lockdown
- 10 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke
<a href="http://www.coveritlive.com/mobile.php/option=com_mobile/task=viewaltcast/altcast_code=fb0fefd61f" >Week In Review</a>