London riots: Harry Potter actor charged with having petrol bomb
A West Hampstead actor who played a wizard bully boy in Harry Potter films has been charged with having a petrol bomb during the Camden riots.
A West Hampstead actor who played a wizard bully boy in the Harry Potter films has been charged with possessing a petrol bomb during disturbances in Camden.
Jamie Waylett, who played Hogwarts thug Vincent Crabbe in six instalments of the multi-billion pound film franchise, also faces allegations of violent disorder and handling a stolen bottle of champagne from Sainsbury’s in Chalk Farm.
The supermarket was among the shops in Chalk Farm Road to be looted on August 8.
The 22-year-old from Messina Avenue, whose character was written out of the final two Deathly Hallows films, was arrested at his home on September 20 and charged under the Criminal Damage Act. He is alleged to have armed himself with a petrol bomb, threatened unlawful violence and handled stolen goods.
He has appeared twice at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court to face the allegations. Waylett was released on conditional bail on October 4, until he returns before magistrates on November 10.
Camden police’s dedicated Operation Withern team this week released images of its 21 most wanted and are appealing for the public to help identify remaining suspects.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 4 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 5 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 6 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 7 Sexual offence reports at record levels in Camden, Haringey and Barnet
- 8 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
<a href="http://www.coveritlive.com/mobile.php/option=com_mobile/task=viewaltcast/altcast_code=fb0fefd61f" >Week In Review</a>