London riots: Harry Potter actor charged with having petrol bomb
A West Hampstead actor who played a wizard bully boy in Harry Potter films has been charged with having a petrol bomb during the Camden riots.
A West Hampstead actor who played a wizard bully boy in the Harry Potter films has been charged with possessing a petrol bomb during disturbances in Camden.
Jamie Waylett, who played Hogwarts thug Vincent Crabbe in six instalments of the multi-billion pound film franchise, also faces allegations of violent disorder and handling a stolen bottle of champagne from Sainsbury’s in Chalk Farm.
The supermarket was among the shops in Chalk Farm Road to be looted on August 8.
The 22-year-old from Messina Avenue, whose character was written out of the final two Deathly Hallows films, was arrested at his home on September 20 and charged under the Criminal Damage Act. He is alleged to have armed himself with a petrol bomb, threatened unlawful violence and handled stolen goods.
He has appeared twice at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court to face the allegations. Waylett was released on conditional bail on October 4, until he returns before magistrates on November 10.
Camden police’s dedicated Operation Withern team this week released images of its 21 most wanted and are appealing for the public to help identify remaining suspects.
- 1 'Gabriels stun Koko – superstardom seems inevitable'
- 2 Police probe reports of shooting at scene of crash in West Hampstead
- 3 St John's Wood prep school downgraded to 'requires improvement'
- 4 Elton John rockets through career-spanning show at BST Hyde Park
- 5 Paddling pool to be open all week after pipes replaced
- 6 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 7 Three north London men charged after boxer Amir Khan ‘robbed at gunpoint’
- 8 Herbie Hancock: Still going strong at 82
- 9 Primrose Hill gates could close again due to antisocial behaviour
- 10 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
<a href="http://www.coveritlive.com/mobile.php/option=com_mobile/task=viewaltcast/altcast_code=fb0fefd61f" >Week In Review</a>