London riots: Harry Potter actor charged with having petrol bomb
A West Hampstead actor who played a wizard bully boy in Harry Potter films has been charged with having a petrol bomb during the Camden riots.
A West Hampstead actor who played a wizard bully boy in the Harry Potter films has been charged with possessing a petrol bomb during disturbances in Camden.
Jamie Waylett, who played Hogwarts thug Vincent Crabbe in six instalments of the multi-billion pound film franchise, also faces allegations of violent disorder and handling a stolen bottle of champagne from Sainsbury’s in Chalk Farm.
The supermarket was among the shops in Chalk Farm Road to be looted on August 8.
The 22-year-old from Messina Avenue, whose character was written out of the final two Deathly Hallows films, was arrested at his home on September 20 and charged under the Criminal Damage Act. He is alleged to have armed himself with a petrol bomb, threatened unlawful violence and handled stolen goods.
You may also want to watch:
He has appeared twice at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court to face the allegations. Waylett was released on conditional bail on October 4, until he returns before magistrates on November 10.
Camden police’s dedicated Operation Withern team this week released images of its 21 most wanted and are appealing for the public to help identify remaining suspects.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 4 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music event for 'healthy hedonists'
- 5 Driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police - Porsche seized
- 6 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 7 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 8 Planning application nears for Murphy's Yard redevelopment
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Mikel Arteta must trust Gabriel Martinelli against Villarreal
<a href="http://www.coveritlive.com/mobile.php/option=com_mobile/task=viewaltcast/altcast_code=fb0fefd61f" >Week In Review</a>