Hampstead loading bay changed to ‘loving bay’ for Valentine’s Day
- Credit: Archant
Drivers and pedestrians in South End Green will be doing a double take today (Thu) as one romantic local has changed the words of the area’s loading bay to “loving bay”.
The rebrand is the brainchild of Jonathan Bergman, who works and lives nearby.
He said he hopes the change will spur neighbours to “show the love” – it is Valentine’s Day, after all.
Jonathan printed off some letters of a similar size to the highway markings, and replaced the A with a V, and blanked out the D.
He got some of his friends, neighbours and local traders together to crowd in the loading bay. Jonathan himself was joined by his wife, Madeline.
You may also want to watch:
“Every day I look out my office window, and see this bay. And I realised if you change the letters you would get ‘loving bay’,” he said.
The change will be in place for the next few days, and Jonathan hopes people will seize on the initiative and change similar bays across the country for Valentine’s Day in the coming years.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 5 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 6 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 7 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 8 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing