Hampstead loading bay changed to ‘loving bay’ for Valentine’s Day
- Credit: Archant
Drivers and pedestrians in South End Green will be doing a double take today (Thu) as one romantic local has changed the words of the area’s loading bay to “loving bay”.
The rebrand is the brainchild of Jonathan Bergman, who works and lives nearby.
He said he hopes the change will spur neighbours to “show the love” – it is Valentine’s Day, after all.
Jonathan printed off some letters of a similar size to the highway markings, and replaced the A with a V, and blanked out the D.
He got some of his friends, neighbours and local traders together to crowd in the loading bay. Jonathan himself was joined by his wife, Madeline.
You may also want to watch:
“Every day I look out my office window, and see this bay. And I realised if you change the letters you would get ‘loving bay’,” he said.
The change will be in place for the next few days, and Jonathan hopes people will seize on the initiative and change similar bays across the country for Valentine’s Day in the coming years.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 8 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'