Hampstead loading bay changed to ‘loving bay’ for Valentine’s Day
- Credit: Archant
Drivers and pedestrians in South End Green will be doing a double take today (Thu) as one romantic local has changed the words of the area’s loading bay to “loving bay”.
The rebrand is the brainchild of Jonathan Bergman, who works and lives nearby.
He said he hopes the change will spur neighbours to “show the love” – it is Valentine’s Day, after all.
Jonathan printed off some letters of a similar size to the highway markings, and replaced the A with a V, and blanked out the D.
He got some of his friends, neighbours and local traders together to crowd in the loading bay. Jonathan himself was joined by his wife, Madeline.
You may also want to watch:
“Every day I look out my office window, and see this bay. And I realised if you change the letters you would get ‘loving bay’,” he said.
The change will be in place for the next few days, and Jonathan hopes people will seize on the initiative and change similar bays across the country for Valentine’s Day in the coming years.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 3 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 7 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 8 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 9 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 10 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'