‘Large’ knife seized during Camden gang fight
- Credit: Archant
Police disarmed a teenager holding this kitchen knife during a gang fight in busy Camden High Street on Saturday.
A spokesman for Camden police said: “Around midnight on Camden High Street , close to Inverness Street , the male was seen to be holding a large kitchen knife whilst in a disturbance with another group.”
“The area was extremely busy with Christmas partygoers at the time”
He said an officer from the Camden Town team disarmed the youth and seized the weapon.
“No Police Officers or members of public have been hurt in the incident.”
You may also want to watch:
A 17-year-old was arrested on suspicion of being in possession of an offensive weapon and affray and has been bailed pending further enquiries.
The spokesman added: “Knife crime will not be tolerated in Camden Town and offenders will be dealt with robustly in every instance”.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 4 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 9 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 10 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
Any witnesses to the incident are urged to contact 101.