‘Large’ knife seized during Camden gang fight
- Credit: Archant
Police disarmed a teenager holding this kitchen knife during a gang fight in busy Camden High Street on Saturday.
A spokesman for Camden police said: “Around midnight on Camden High Street , close to Inverness Street , the male was seen to be holding a large kitchen knife whilst in a disturbance with another group.”
“The area was extremely busy with Christmas partygoers at the time”
He said an officer from the Camden Town team disarmed the youth and seized the weapon.
“No Police Officers or members of public have been hurt in the incident.”
You may also want to watch:
A 17-year-old was arrested on suspicion of being in possession of an offensive weapon and affray and has been bailed pending further enquiries.
The spokesman added: “Knife crime will not be tolerated in Camden Town and offenders will be dealt with robustly in every instance”.
- 1 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 4 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 5 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 6 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 7 Theatre review: Crouch End and Upminster collide in modern love story
- 8 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 9 'My theatre group saved my life on a Zoom call,' says amputee
- 10 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
Any witnesses to the incident are urged to contact 101.