‘Large’ knife seized during Camden gang fight
- Credit: Archant
Police disarmed a teenager holding this kitchen knife during a gang fight in busy Camden High Street on Saturday.
A spokesman for Camden police said: “Around midnight on Camden High Street , close to Inverness Street , the male was seen to be holding a large kitchen knife whilst in a disturbance with another group.”
“The area was extremely busy with Christmas partygoers at the time”
He said an officer from the Camden Town team disarmed the youth and seized the weapon.
“No Police Officers or members of public have been hurt in the incident.”
A 17-year-old was arrested on suspicion of being in possession of an offensive weapon and affray and has been bailed pending further enquiries.
The spokesman added: “Knife crime will not be tolerated in Camden Town and offenders will be dealt with robustly in every instance”.
- 1 Coldplay at Wembley Stadium: Setlist and photos
- 2 'Wet End Lane': Leak could take five days to fix
- 3 Graham Chapman's Highgate haunt gets a refurb
- 4 West Hampstead man fatally stabbed in Ealing
- 5 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 6 Review: Moreish Mediterranean cuisine at Muswell Hill cafe with roastery
- 7 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 8 'No one hurt' as branch crashes to ground at Hampstead Heath
- 9 Elderly disabled woman 'racially abused' on Camden bus
- 10 Olivia Newton-John: From West Hampstead to worldwide fame
Any witnesses to the incident are urged to contact 101.