‘Large’ knife seized during Camden gang fight
- Credit: Archant
Police disarmed a teenager holding this kitchen knife during a gang fight in busy Camden High Street on Saturday.
A spokesman for Camden police said: “Around midnight on Camden High Street , close to Inverness Street , the male was seen to be holding a large kitchen knife whilst in a disturbance with another group.”
“The area was extremely busy with Christmas partygoers at the time”
He said an officer from the Camden Town team disarmed the youth and seized the weapon.
“No Police Officers or members of public have been hurt in the incident.”
You may also want to watch:
A 17-year-old was arrested on suspicion of being in possession of an offensive weapon and affray and has been bailed pending further enquiries.
The spokesman added: “Knife crime will not be tolerated in Camden Town and offenders will be dealt with robustly in every instance”.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 5 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 6 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 7 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 8 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 9 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 10 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
Any witnesses to the incident are urged to contact 101.