‘Large’ knife seized during Camden gang fight
- Credit: Archant
Police disarmed a teenager holding this kitchen knife during a gang fight in busy Camden High Street on Saturday.
A spokesman for Camden police said: “Around midnight on Camden High Street , close to Inverness Street , the male was seen to be holding a large kitchen knife whilst in a disturbance with another group.”
“The area was extremely busy with Christmas partygoers at the time”
He said an officer from the Camden Town team disarmed the youth and seized the weapon.
“No Police Officers or members of public have been hurt in the incident.”
A 17-year-old was arrested on suspicion of being in possession of an offensive weapon and affray and has been bailed pending further enquiries.
The spokesman added: “Knife crime will not be tolerated in Camden Town and offenders will be dealt with robustly in every instance”.
- 1 Highgate School abuse: Staff had to 'shake themselves out of complacency'
- 2 Seven north London gastropubs voted best in UK
- 3 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 4 Highgate School to overhaul safeguarding after sexual abuse review
- 5 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 6 Boy, 14, charged following Harringay Sainsbury's stabbing
- 7 Crouch End pub calls for dialogue over noise complaints
- 8 Colourful Crouch End bollards to get a repaint due to 'safety' concerns
- 9 'Cover-up': Council withheld evidence from watchdog 'behind leader's back'
- 10 Care home opposite Kenwood labelled 'gross overdevelopment'
Any witnesses to the incident are urged to contact 101.