Kilburn murder: Man in his 20s is stabbed
A MURDER investigation is under way after a man in his 20s was stabbed yesterday afternoon.
Police were called to a sport’s pitch in Mortimer Crescent in Kilburn at 4.40pm yesterday (Wednesday) to reports that a man had been stabbed. They found the victim, who has not yet been named, seriously injured. He was taken to St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington but died at 6.07pm.
A second man, understood to be 17, suffered stab wounds to his arm in the same incident. Police believe that he fled the scene after the attack and called emergency services. He was found in a grocery shop in nearby Boundary Road. He remains in a critical but stable condition in hospital.
Detectives from the homicide and serious crime unit have launched a murder investigation. They have cordoned off the crime scene.
Detectives believe that they know the murdered man’s identity and are in the process of notifying all next of kin.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination is due to be held at St Pancras mortuary at 2.30pm today.
Police say at this stage it is unclear exactly where the men were attacked and there are few details about suspects.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 3 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 7 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
Anyone with information, or who saw what happened, should contact the Incident Room at Belgravia police station on 020-7321 7228 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.