Kilburn murder: Man in his 20s is stabbed
A MURDER investigation is under way after a man in his 20s was stabbed yesterday afternoon.
Police were called to a sport’s pitch in Mortimer Crescent in Kilburn at 4.40pm yesterday (Wednesday) to reports that a man had been stabbed. They found the victim, who has not yet been named, seriously injured. He was taken to St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington but died at 6.07pm.
A second man, understood to be 17, suffered stab wounds to his arm in the same incident. Police believe that he fled the scene after the attack and called emergency services. He was found in a grocery shop in nearby Boundary Road. He remains in a critical but stable condition in hospital.
Detectives from the homicide and serious crime unit have launched a murder investigation. They have cordoned off the crime scene.
Detectives believe that they know the murdered man’s identity and are in the process of notifying all next of kin.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination is due to be held at St Pancras mortuary at 2.30pm today.
Police say at this stage it is unclear exactly where the men were attacked and there are few details about suspects.
- 1 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 2 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 4 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 5 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 6 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 7 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 8 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named
- 9 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 10 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
Anyone with information, or who saw what happened, should contact the Incident Room at Belgravia police station on 020-7321 7228 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.