Kilburn murder: Man in his 20s is stabbed
A MURDER investigation is under way after a man in his 20s was stabbed yesterday afternoon.
Police were called to a sport’s pitch in Mortimer Crescent in Kilburn at 4.40pm yesterday (Wednesday) to reports that a man had been stabbed. They found the victim, who has not yet been named, seriously injured. He was taken to St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington but died at 6.07pm.
A second man, understood to be 17, suffered stab wounds to his arm in the same incident. Police believe that he fled the scene after the attack and called emergency services. He was found in a grocery shop in nearby Boundary Road. He remains in a critical but stable condition in hospital.
Detectives from the homicide and serious crime unit have launched a murder investigation. They have cordoned off the crime scene.
Detectives believe that they know the murdered man’s identity and are in the process of notifying all next of kin.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination is due to be held at St Pancras mortuary at 2.30pm today.
Police say at this stage it is unclear exactly where the men were attacked and there are few details about suspects.
- 1 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 2 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 3 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 4 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 5 In numbers: the Covid-19 vaccine roll-out in north London
- 6 House Tour Gayton Road: Split-level mid-century gem in Hampstead
- 7 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 8 Five things we learned in Arsenal's first win at Chelsea in 10 years
- 9 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 10 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
Anyone with information, or who saw what happened, should contact the Incident Room at Belgravia police station on 020-7321 7228 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.