Anniversary appeal over ‘horrific’ gunshot attack on Acland Burghley pupil shot twice before
- Credit: Archant
An anniversary appeal has been issued for information about a “horrific” shooting that left a man with life changing injuries.
Wheelchair user Kevin Williams, 34, a former pupil of Acland Burghley School in Tufnell Park, was found with gunshot wounds to his arms and head in a critical condition at his Aylesbury home on March 28 last year.
Crimestoppers has offered a £2,000 reward for anonymous information leading to an arrest or conviction.
Mr Williams’ family said in a statement: “This incident was a tragedy for our family and something which has absolutely changed our lives.
“Until Kevin receives justice, we feel unable to move on as a family and so we urge anyone with information to get in touch with police.
“It is so disappointing that the criminals behind this callous attack have not yet been brought to justice.
“Whatever the reason, we plead with anyone who has not come forward to do so and help us receive justice for Kevin.”
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 6 Sexual offence reports at record levels in Camden, Haringey and Barnet
- 7 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 8 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 9 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
- 10 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
Senior investigating officer Det Ch Insp Gill Wootton said the hunt to find “those responsible for the horrific shooting” continues and appealed to communities in both Camden and Aylesbury for information.
Mr Williams had previously been shot through a car window in Gospel Oak in April 2009.
In January the same year he was shot in the leg in Camden Town and in September 2006 he needed major surgery after being repeatedly stabbed in a knife attack at a newsagents in Queen’s Crescent.
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.