Kentish Town vicious assault: Man kicked in head over drugs
- Credit: Archant
A man who was caught on camera knocking down and repeatedly kicking another man he claims sold him paracetamol instead of Cocaine has been jailed for six years.
A Police CCTV operator spotted Zydrunas Martuzevicius, 33, attacking a man, in his twenties, outside Abbey Tavern pub, in Kentish Town Road, Blackfriars Crown Court heard.
The footage showed Martuzevicius knocking his victim to the floor and kicking him repeatedly in the head at 5.30am on December 13 2014.
The camera operator then followed him as he fled the scene towards Royal College Street and alerted police where to find him.
The defendant had claimed he was acting in self defence as the man, who had previously sold him paracetamol tablets instead of Cocaine, had threatened to stab him when he confronted him.
You may also want to watch:
Martuzevicius, of Liverpool Street, was jailed for six years after the jury found him guilty of assault causing grievous bodily harm.
He was also ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £120.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 3 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 9 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 10 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
Investigating officer, PC Liam Scully, said: “Despite the victim being unwilling to help police during the case, and Martuzevicius pleading not guilty to the offence, the CCTV evidence was incontrovertible.
“This was a vicious assault and I am happy that Martuzevicius is off the streets of Camden.”