Kentish Town stabbing: Murder charge man in court
A MAN has been charged with murder following a fatal stabbing in Kentish Town on Sunday.
Andrew Whitefield, 52, of Horsell Road, Holloway, appeared today at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court charged with the murder of Maciej Novak.
He was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on Monday, November 8.
Police were called by the ambulance service at 12.45am on Sunday to reports of a man suffering stab wounds at an address in Forge Place. The victim was taken to hospital but died later that day.
A post-mortem examination carried out on Tuesday at St Pancras Mortuary gave the cause of death as stab wounds to the chest. An inquest will open and adjourn in due course.
You may also want to watch:
Two women aged 49 and 42 were arrested and have been released pending further investigations.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 5 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 8 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 9 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 10 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden