Kentish Town stabbing: Murder charge man in court
A MAN has been charged with murder following a fatal stabbing in Kentish Town on Sunday.
Andrew Whitefield, 52, of Horsell Road, Holloway, appeared today at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court charged with the murder of Maciej Novak.
He was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on Monday, November 8.
Police were called by the ambulance service at 12.45am on Sunday to reports of a man suffering stab wounds at an address in Forge Place. The victim was taken to hospital but died later that day.
A post-mortem examination carried out on Tuesday at St Pancras Mortuary gave the cause of death as stab wounds to the chest. An inquest will open and adjourn in due course.
Two women aged 49 and 42 were arrested and have been released pending further investigations.
- 1 Dentist guilty of 'attempted sexual communication with a child'
- 2 Mayor of Haringey racially abused after Christmas event
- 3 Henrietta Barnett rated second best state school in the UK
- 4 Rainbow George: Hampstead 'dreamer' dies at 81
- 5 Hornsey Tavern to reopen as Irish sports pub
- 6 Out with Cafe Hampstead... in comes Oak & Poppy
- 7 Piano shop at risk of closure over business rates dispute
- 8 John Lewis Christmas advert: The Golders Green teenager who met an alien
- 9 Primrose Hill: Menorah vandalised in hate crime incident
- 10 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre