Kentish Town ‘splasher’ who deliberately soaks pedestrians sought by police
- Credit: Archant
A driver who is thought to get his kicks by deliberately drenching passers-by is at large in Camden.
The serial splasher’s “rain of terror” could soon be over, however, as police are on the lookout for the anti-social driver of a navy Toyota four-by-four.
The splasher apparently prowls the streets of Kentish Town whenever it rains, driving at speed very close to the kerb in a deliberate attempt to soak pedestrians.
Police have been made aware of several “splash attacks” in cars of the same description, but were only given the registration number after a recent incident.
Former RI:SE newsreader, Zora Suleman, managed to photograph the offending vehicle in the act and noted the registration number, P921 LMO.
You may also want to watch:
But when police checked the details in their system, they discovered the car was both uninsured and unregistered.
Officers are appealing for information on the driver, who could be charged with careless driving.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
Sgt Paul Taylor posted Ms Suleman’s footage on Twitter and said: “Thx to @ZoraSuleman spotting this clown in #KentishTown ..any ideas? We have your reg #FessUp1st #Buffoon.”
He later tweeted: “The earlier vehicle not registered & no insurance! Do you know the current owner? TOYOTA Light 4X4 #Catchtheclown.”