Kentish Town ‘splasher’ who deliberately soaks pedestrians sought by police
- Credit: Archant
A driver who is thought to get his kicks by deliberately drenching passers-by is at large in Camden.
The serial splasher’s “rain of terror” could soon be over, however, as police are on the lookout for the anti-social driver of a navy Toyota four-by-four.
The splasher apparently prowls the streets of Kentish Town whenever it rains, driving at speed very close to the kerb in a deliberate attempt to soak pedestrians.
Police have been made aware of several “splash attacks” in cars of the same description, but were only given the registration number after a recent incident.
Former RI:SE newsreader, Zora Suleman, managed to photograph the offending vehicle in the act and noted the registration number, P921 LMO.
You may also want to watch:
But when police checked the details in their system, they discovered the car was both uninsured and unregistered.
Officers are appealing for information on the driver, who could be charged with careless driving.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 7 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 8 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 9 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 10 Tulip Siddiq MP: 'Nurseries are at the brink of collapse'
Sgt Paul Taylor posted Ms Suleman’s footage on Twitter and said: “Thx to @ZoraSuleman spotting this clown in #KentishTown ..any ideas? We have your reg #FessUp1st #Buffoon.”
He later tweeted: “The earlier vehicle not registered & no insurance! Do you know the current owner? TOYOTA Light 4X4 #Catchtheclown.”