Kentish Town ‘splasher’ who deliberately soaks pedestrians sought by police
- Credit: Archant
A driver who is thought to get his kicks by deliberately drenching passers-by is at large in Camden.
The serial splasher’s “rain of terror” could soon be over, however, as police are on the lookout for the anti-social driver of a navy Toyota four-by-four.
The splasher apparently prowls the streets of Kentish Town whenever it rains, driving at speed very close to the kerb in a deliberate attempt to soak pedestrians.
Police have been made aware of several “splash attacks” in cars of the same description, but were only given the registration number after a recent incident.
Former RI:SE newsreader, Zora Suleman, managed to photograph the offending vehicle in the act and noted the registration number, P921 LMO.
You may also want to watch:
But when police checked the details in their system, they discovered the car was both uninsured and unregistered.
Officers are appealing for information on the driver, who could be charged with careless driving.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 7 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'
Sgt Paul Taylor posted Ms Suleman’s footage on Twitter and said: “Thx to @ZoraSuleman spotting this clown in #KentishTown ..any ideas? We have your reg #FessUp1st #Buffoon.”
He later tweeted: “The earlier vehicle not registered & no insurance! Do you know the current owner? TOYOTA Light 4X4 #Catchtheclown.”