Kentish Town hit and run: Three girls arrested as man in 60s left fighting for his life
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 60s is fighting for his life after a hit and run in Kentish Town in the early hours of this morning.
Police were called to Leighton Road at 2.35am alongside fire crews and the air ambulance. Scotland Yard said a stolen Nissan Primera had hit the man and then ended up on its side in a front garden.
The pedestrian was taken to hospital with what Scotland Yard said were “severe head injuries” and is in critical condition. Police have been in contact with his family.
The people in the car ran away from the scene. Police have now arrested three girls aged 17, 16 and 14 on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving. They are in custody.
Detectives are still appealing for witnesses or anyone with dash cam footage to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Leighton Road was taped off with significant disruption expected throughout the day and drivers have been urged to avoid the area.
Some homes were briefly evacuated after the crash because the car was leaking fuel and a fire risk.
- 1 First-time buyers fear ruin as 'dream' flats fail fire safety test
- 2 Petition to save oak and hornbeam trees in Coldfall Wood
- 3 Covid-19 surge testing in East Finchley after South African variant appears
- 4 Covid-19: Area around Royal Free one of few in UK to avoid deaths
- 5 Free Nazanin: Pressure on government rises as end of sentence approaches
- 6 Arteta concerned about Arsenal striker Nketiah
- 7 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 8 'Paul the Paper' shuts up shop in Crouch End for the final time
- 9 Highgate's Victorian 'pineapple' railings repaired and restored.
- 10 Woodland is being damage - time to show some respect
Anyone with information or dash cam can call police on 0208 991 9555 quoting reference CAD874/23AUG, or dial 101, Tweet @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.