Kenloy Clarke: Hornsey man gets 12 years for shooting brother and woman in Wood Green restaurant
- Credit: Archant
A Hornsey man has been jailed for 12 years for walking into a Wood Green restaurant and shooting his brother.
Kenloy Clarke, 34, of Birkbeck Road, was sentenced at the Old Bailey on July 8.
He pleaded guilty to two count of causing grievous bodily harm (GBH) with intent, and two firearms offences in May.
The shooting took place at 9.50pm on September 17 last year, in a takeaway in Lordship Lane.
Janice Watson, 46, and Clarke’s brother, Fitzroy Banton, 31, both went to hospital after suffering gunshot injuries, and although Ms Watson has since been discharged from hospital, her condition was critical for some time.
Clarke was arrested three days later
You may also want to watch:
Det Const Damon Carr said: “I hope that the victims in this can benefit from some closure in knowing that Clarke is behind bars.”
He added the gun used in this crime had never been founded, and the police would appreciate help from anyone who could locate it.
- 1 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens
- 2 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 3 Highgate's Well Pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster vaccines with flu jabs
- 4 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 5 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 6 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 7 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 8 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 9 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 10 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears