Kenloy Clarke: Hornsey man gets 12 years for shooting brother and woman in Wood Green restaurant
- Credit: Archant
A Hornsey man has been jailed for 12 years for walking into a Wood Green restaurant and shooting his brother.
Kenloy Clarke, 34, of Birkbeck Road, was sentenced at the Old Bailey on July 8.
He pleaded guilty to two count of causing grievous bodily harm (GBH) with intent, and two firearms offences in May.
The shooting took place at 9.50pm on September 17 last year, in a takeaway in Lordship Lane.
Janice Watson, 46, and Clarke’s brother, Fitzroy Banton, 31, both went to hospital after suffering gunshot injuries, and although Ms Watson has since been discharged from hospital, her condition was critical for some time.
Clarke was arrested three days later
Det Const Damon Carr said: “I hope that the victims in this can benefit from some closure in knowing that Clarke is behind bars.”
He added the gun used in this crime had never been founded, and the police would appreciate help from anyone who could locate it.
- 1 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 2 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 3 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 4 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 5 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 6 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
- 7 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 8 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 9 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 10 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate