Kenloy Clarke: Hornsey man gets 12 years for shooting brother and woman in Wood Green restaurant
- Credit: Archant
A Hornsey man has been jailed for 12 years for walking into a Wood Green restaurant and shooting his brother.
Kenloy Clarke, 34, of Birkbeck Road, was sentenced at the Old Bailey on July 8.
He pleaded guilty to two count of causing grievous bodily harm (GBH) with intent, and two firearms offences in May.
The shooting took place at 9.50pm on September 17 last year, in a takeaway in Lordship Lane.
Janice Watson, 46, and Clarke’s brother, Fitzroy Banton, 31, both went to hospital after suffering gunshot injuries, and although Ms Watson has since been discharged from hospital, her condition was critical for some time.
Clarke was arrested three days later
You may also want to watch:
Det Const Damon Carr said: “I hope that the victims in this can benefit from some closure in knowing that Clarke is behind bars.”
He added the gun used in this crime had never been founded, and the police would appreciate help from anyone who could locate it.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate