Joy Morgan: Fortune Green man denies murder in case of missing midwifery student
- Credit: Archant
A Fortune Green man will face trial over the murder of missing midwifery student Joy Morgan after entering a not guilty plea at the Old Bailey today.
Shohfah El-Israel, 40, of Fordwych Road, is alleged to have killed Ms Morgan between December 26 and December 30 last year.
The 21 year old disappeared after attending a church celebration in Ilford, east London, on December 26.
The defendant appeared in court via video link from Bedford jail and he spoke only to enter his not guilty plea before Mr Justice Edis.
He was remanded into custody ahead of his trial at St Albans Crown Court on July 8 before senior judge Mrs Justice Cheema-Grubb.
You may also want to watch:
The trial is expected to go on for up to three weeks.
- 1 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 2 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 5 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 6 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
- 10 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End