Joy Morgan: Fortune Green man denies murder in case of missing midwifery student
- Credit: Archant
A Fortune Green man will face trial over the murder of missing midwifery student Joy Morgan after entering a not guilty plea at the Old Bailey today.
Shohfah El-Israel, 40, of Fordwych Road, is alleged to have killed Ms Morgan between December 26 and December 30 last year.
The 21 year old disappeared after attending a church celebration in Ilford, east London, on December 26.
The defendant appeared in court via video link from Bedford jail and he spoke only to enter his not guilty plea before Mr Justice Edis.
He was remanded into custody ahead of his trial at St Albans Crown Court on July 8 before senior judge Mrs Justice Cheema-Grubb.
You may also want to watch:
The trial is expected to go on for up to three weeks.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 6 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 7 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 8 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 9 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham