Jailed: Brother who stabbed PCSO after finding him in sister’s Maida Hill bedroom
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A possessive brother who attacked an off-duty police community support officer with a kitchen knife after finding him in his sister’s Maida Hill bedroom has been jailed for six years.
Hamza Farjani, 26, stabbed PCSO Najeb Nezan four times in the chest and shoulder, having previously warned his sister Nawal, now 24, not to have visitors in a text message reading: “Do not let no one in mum’s”.
After the attack – which took place early on November 20, 2011, in Amberley Road – Farjani texted her, saying: “I’m sorry. What did I tell you?”
At the time of the stabbing, Farjani was in breach of the conditions of a 20-week prison sentence suspended for two years for spraying bleach in a former lover’s face in August 2010.
A Southwark Crown Court jury convicted Farjani of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.
Sentencing, Ms Recorder Jennifer Eady said: “Although your sister was young and had emotional and other vulnerabilities, she is and was an adult capable of forming her own judgment as to who she can see.
“While it must have been a surprise to you to come across a stranger in your family home, rather than asking Mr Nezan or your sister who he was, you rushed upstairs, acquired a knife and armed yourself.”
- 1 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 2 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 3 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 4 Highgate pub landlords to appeal restrictive licence approval
- 5 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 6 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 7 Calls for removal of South End Green phone box
- 8 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 9 Campaign launched after girl suffers fractured ribs from e-scooter crash
- 10 Belsize Village restaurant hires young Ukrainian refugee
Farjani, of no fixed address, had denied wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.