Jailed: Brother who stabbed PCSO after finding him in sister’s Maida Hill bedroom
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A possessive brother who attacked an off-duty police community support officer with a kitchen knife after finding him in his sister’s Maida Hill bedroom has been jailed for six years.
Hamza Farjani, 26, stabbed PCSO Najeb Nezan four times in the chest and shoulder, having previously warned his sister Nawal, now 24, not to have visitors in a text message reading: “Do not let no one in mum’s”.
After the attack – which took place early on November 20, 2011, in Amberley Road – Farjani texted her, saying: “I’m sorry. What did I tell you?”
At the time of the stabbing, Farjani was in breach of the conditions of a 20-week prison sentence suspended for two years for spraying bleach in a former lover’s face in August 2010.
A Southwark Crown Court jury convicted Farjani of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.
Sentencing, Ms Recorder Jennifer Eady said: “Although your sister was young and had emotional and other vulnerabilities, she is and was an adult capable of forming her own judgment as to who she can see.
“While it must have been a surprise to you to come across a stranger in your family home, rather than asking Mr Nezan or your sister who he was, you rushed upstairs, acquired a knife and armed yourself.”
- 1 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
- 2 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 3 Covid-19: How Hampstead and Highgate's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Artist with autism exhibits vibrant London scenes at Lido Cafe
- 5 Alexandra Palace chief executive to leave in 2022
- 6 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 7 Highgate Hill housing plans spark fears over new pub's future
- 8 North London Chorus to perform in Muswell Hill
- 9 Murder thriller shot in West Hampstead gets its premiere 10 years late
- 10 Haringey Council SEND failures: 'Some parents are on antidepressants'
Farjani, of no fixed address, had denied wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.