Jailed: Brother who stabbed PCSO after finding him in sister’s Maida Hill bedroom
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A possessive brother who attacked an off-duty police community support officer with a kitchen knife after finding him in his sister’s Maida Hill bedroom has been jailed for six years.
Hamza Farjani, 26, stabbed PCSO Najeb Nezan four times in the chest and shoulder, having previously warned his sister Nawal, now 24, not to have visitors in a text message reading: “Do not let no one in mum’s”.
After the attack – which took place early on November 20, 2011, in Amberley Road – Farjani texted her, saying: “I’m sorry. What did I tell you?”
At the time of the stabbing, Farjani was in breach of the conditions of a 20-week prison sentence suspended for two years for spraying bleach in a former lover’s face in August 2010.
A Southwark Crown Court jury convicted Farjani of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.
You may also want to watch:
Sentencing, Ms Recorder Jennifer Eady said: “Although your sister was young and had emotional and other vulnerabilities, she is and was an adult capable of forming her own judgment as to who she can see.
“While it must have been a surprise to you to come across a stranger in your family home, rather than asking Mr Nezan or your sister who he was, you rushed upstairs, acquired a knife and armed yourself.”
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
Farjani, of no fixed address, had denied wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.