IT worker died after taking ecstasy in KOKO nightclub in Camden
A man died just four months after moving to London after taking a gram of ecstasy on a night out with friends at KOKO nightclub in Camden Town.
Mario Del Duca, 28, was on his way to a Club NME night at the Camden High Street venue when he and his housemates bought three grams of ecstasy from a drug dealer, St Pancras Coroner’s Court heard.
Shortly after arriving at the venue at 1am on Saturday, December 17, Mr Del Duca emptied an entire gram of MDMA, the active ingredient in ecstasy, into his drink.
Within half an hour the 28-year-old began feeling ill, shaking and sweating profusely.
Concerned for his welfare, his friends took the IT worker to the club’s first aid room and he was then taken to the Royal Free Hospital in Pond Street, Hampstead, at around 3.30am.
You may also want to watch:
Doctors tried to cool him down with ice and a fan, and treated him for an hour and a half.
But Mr Del Duca’s condition deteriorated and he went into cardiac arrest shortly after 5am and died.
- 1 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 4 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 6 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 7 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 10 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
Mr Del Duca, of High Street, Willesden, grew up in Naples, Italy, and moved to England in August 2011 to find a job in the IT industry.
His family flew to the UK to collect his body, but did not attend the inquest on Tuesday (March 13).