Police complaints organisation appeals for witnesses after man hit by police car in Golders Green
- Credit: London 999 Feed
The body that deals with police complaints has issued a plea for witnesses to come forward, after a man was hit by a police car in Golders Green last month.
On August 21, a 49-year-old man was hit by a marked police car just after 3am, on the pavement at the junction of Finchley Road and Hoop Lane.
Before he was hit, the man had run from a Vauxhall Astra that was being chased by the police car.
The man was taken to hospital, where his injuries were found to be non-life threatening.
The crash saw the road between the North Circular and Golders Green closed for hours afterwards, causing problems for commuters and diverting bus routes.
You may also want to watch:
The Independent Office for Police Complaints is asking anybody who saw the incident to come forward, and contact them on 0800 151 0019, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 3 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
- 7 Nursery to open in former Highgate Barclays building
- 8 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 9 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 10 'More than a shop': Storm in a Teacup in 100 nation-wide small businesses