Police complaints organisation appeals for witnesses after man hit by police car in Golders Green
- Credit: London 999 Feed
The body that deals with police complaints has issued a plea for witnesses to come forward, after a man was hit by a police car in Golders Green last month.
On August 21, a 49-year-old man was hit by a marked police car just after 3am, on the pavement at the junction of Finchley Road and Hoop Lane.
Before he was hit, the man had run from a Vauxhall Astra that was being chased by the police car.
The man was taken to hospital, where his injuries were found to be non-life threatening.
The crash saw the road between the North Circular and Golders Green closed for hours afterwards, causing problems for commuters and diverting bus routes.
You may also want to watch:
The Independent Office for Police Complaints is asking anybody who saw the incident to come forward, and contact them on 0800 151 0019, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 7 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 8 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 9 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 10 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike