Police complaints organisation appeals for witnesses after man hit by police car in Golders Green
- Credit: London 999 Feed
The body that deals with police complaints has issued a plea for witnesses to come forward, after a man was hit by a police car in Golders Green last month.
On August 21, a 49-year-old man was hit by a marked police car just after 3am, on the pavement at the junction of Finchley Road and Hoop Lane.
Before he was hit, the man had run from a Vauxhall Astra that was being chased by the police car.
The man was taken to hospital, where his injuries were found to be non-life threatening.
The crash saw the road between the North Circular and Golders Green closed for hours afterwards, causing problems for commuters and diverting bus routes.
You may also want to watch:
The Independent Office for Police Complaints is asking anybody who saw the incident to come forward, and contact them on 0800 151 0019, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 2 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 3 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 4 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 5 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 6 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 7 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme
- 8 Vagina Museum reopens with the history of periods
- 9 Camden’s recycling rate has fallen – and this rubbish is now urgent
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'