Police complaints organisation appeals for witnesses after man hit by police car in Golders Green
- Credit: London 999 Feed
The body that deals with police complaints has issued a plea for witnesses to come forward, after a man was hit by a police car in Golders Green last month.
On August 21, a 49-year-old man was hit by a marked police car just after 3am, on the pavement at the junction of Finchley Road and Hoop Lane.
Before he was hit, the man had run from a Vauxhall Astra that was being chased by the police car.
The man was taken to hospital, where his injuries were found to be non-life threatening.
The crash saw the road between the North Circular and Golders Green closed for hours afterwards, causing problems for commuters and diverting bus routes.
The Independent Office for Police Complaints is asking anybody who saw the incident to come forward, and contact them on 0800 151 0019, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 4 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 5 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 6 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 7 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 8 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 9 Autistic TV presenter joins Hampstead pupils for 'most wonderful day'
- 10 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests