Hunt for tattooed convicted sex attacker
- Credit: Archant
Police in Camden are searching for a tattooed sex attacker who has disappeared while on parole from jail.
They have published an image of Elias Kajue, 31, formerly of Mill Lane, West Hampstead, who was convicted in 2009 of violently sexually assaulting a 23-year-old woman at Cricklewood train station early in the morning.
He was caught on CCTV dragging the woman to the floor and assaulting her in the station subway.
Her ordeal only ended when Kajue was spotted by passengers getting off a train, Southwark Crown Court had heard.
Kajue was given an indeterminate jail sentence for public protection with a minimum of two years imprisonment after admitting attacking the woman on August 31 2008.
You may also want to watch:
But he was released on licence by the Independent Parole Board last November to reside at an address in Ealing before moving to an address in Camden Town.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “Since his release Kajue has failed to comply with the conditions of his licence and it has now been revoked.”
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 3 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 4 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 5 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 6 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 8 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 9 Letters: The floods!
- 10 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
He said Kajue has several distinctive tattoos including one with the word ‘family’ on his right arm and ‘loyalty’ on the left arm.
He also has a tattoo of red lips on the right hand side of his neck and the words ‘RIP Jahmai’ on the left hand side of his neck.
He is described as being of an athletic build and around 5ft 10ins tall.
The spokesman said: “If Kajue is seen, members of the public should not approach him but call 999 immediately.”
Anyone with any information is asked to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.