Hornsey fatal stabbing victim named
- Credit: Met Police
The man who died following a stabbing in Hornsey has been named by police as James O’Keefe.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service at 6pm on Monday, 9 December to a residential address in Shelley House on Boyton Road, following reports of a fight and a man having been stabbed.
Officers attended and found 47-year-old Mr O'Keefe, from Haringey, at the scene suffering from a stab wound to the leg.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem examination conducted at Haringey Public Mortuary on Wednesday (December 11) found the cause of death to have been loss of blood due a single stab wound to the thigh.
You may also want to watch:
George Nolan, 54, of Mount Pleasant Road, was charged with murder.
He appeared in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court on Wednesday, December 11 where he was further remanded to appear at the Old Bailey on Friday, December 13.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 3 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 4 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 5 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 6 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 7 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 8 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 9 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 10 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
A 48-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder was released with no further action.