Hornsey man appears in court accused or trying to kill brother in Wood Green double shooting
- Credit: Archant
An alleged gunman from Hornsey has appeared in court accused of trying to kill his brother and a woman in Wood Green.
Kenloy Clarke, 33, of Birkbeck Road, is said to have opened fire in Lordship Lane on the night of Tuesday September 17.
Police were called to North Middlesex University Hospital at around 9.50pm, where a man - Clarke's brother, Fitzroy Banton, 31 - and a woman were suffering from gunshot wounds.
Mr Banton sustained injuries to his right arm, requiring an operation, and has been discharged.
But Janice Watson, 46, was said to be in a potentially life-threatening condition after she was shot in the chest.
You may also want to watch:
Clarke appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court on Saturday, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, charged with two counts of attempted murder and possession of a firearm.
He spoke only to confirm his name, date of birth, address and that his nationality is British during the brief hearing.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Tulip Siddiq MP: 'Nurseries are at the brink of collapse'
- 9 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 10 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
Yet to enter a plea, Clarke was remanded in custody until October 18 when he will appear at the Old Bailey.