Hornsey man appears in court accused or trying to kill brother in Wood Green double shooting
- Credit: Archant
An alleged gunman from Hornsey has appeared in court accused of trying to kill his brother and a woman in Wood Green.
Kenloy Clarke, 33, of Birkbeck Road, is said to have opened fire in Lordship Lane on the night of Tuesday September 17.
Police were called to North Middlesex University Hospital at around 9.50pm, where a man - Clarke's brother, Fitzroy Banton, 31 - and a woman were suffering from gunshot wounds.
Mr Banton sustained injuries to his right arm, requiring an operation, and has been discharged.
But Janice Watson, 46, was said to be in a potentially life-threatening condition after she was shot in the chest.
You may also want to watch:
Clarke appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court on Saturday, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, charged with two counts of attempted murder and possession of a firearm.
He spoke only to confirm his name, date of birth, address and that his nationality is British during the brief hearing.
- 1 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 2 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
Yet to enter a plea, Clarke was remanded in custody until October 18 when he will appear at the Old Bailey.