Hornsey man appears in court accused or trying to kill brother in Wood Green double shooting
- Credit: Archant
An alleged gunman from Hornsey has appeared in court accused of trying to kill his brother and a woman in Wood Green.
Kenloy Clarke, 33, of Birkbeck Road, is said to have opened fire in Lordship Lane on the night of Tuesday September 17.
Police were called to North Middlesex University Hospital at around 9.50pm, where a man - Clarke's brother, Fitzroy Banton, 31 - and a woman were suffering from gunshot wounds.
Mr Banton sustained injuries to his right arm, requiring an operation, and has been discharged.
But Janice Watson, 46, was said to be in a potentially life-threatening condition after she was shot in the chest.
You may also want to watch:
Clarke appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court on Saturday, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, charged with two counts of attempted murder and possession of a firearm.
He spoke only to confirm his name, date of birth, address and that his nationality is British during the brief hearing.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 6 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 9 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 10 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
Yet to enter a plea, Clarke was remanded in custody until October 18 when he will appear at the Old Bailey.