Hornsey man appears in court accused or trying to kill brother in Wood Green double shooting
- Credit: Archant
An alleged gunman from Hornsey has appeared in court accused of trying to kill his brother and a woman in Wood Green.
Kenloy Clarke, 33, of Birkbeck Road, is said to have opened fire in Lordship Lane on the night of Tuesday September 17.
Police were called to North Middlesex University Hospital at around 9.50pm, where a man - Clarke's brother, Fitzroy Banton, 31 - and a woman were suffering from gunshot wounds.
Mr Banton sustained injuries to his right arm, requiring an operation, and has been discharged.
But Janice Watson, 46, was said to be in a potentially life-threatening condition after she was shot in the chest.
You may also want to watch:
Clarke appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court on Saturday, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, charged with two counts of attempted murder and possession of a firearm.
He spoke only to confirm his name, date of birth, address and that his nationality is British during the brief hearing.
- 1 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 2 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 3 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 4 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 5 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 10 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
Yet to enter a plea, Clarke was remanded in custody until October 18 when he will appear at the Old Bailey.