Homeless fire juggler found in pool of blood after being beaten with log in Camden
- Credit: Archant
A homeless man suffered a fractured skull and loss of hearing after being beaten by a man wielding a log.
The 36-year-old was found by members of the public in the early hours of Saturday (May 23) lying in a pool of his own blood next to the canal.
The vicious attack happened after the homeless man says he was juggling with fire sticks along the canal towpath, between Camden High Street and Kentish Town Road.
A passerby then approached him and asked if he could take his photo with his camera phone.
The victim agreed but was said by police to have then accidently dropped the phone, damaging it.
You may also want to watch:
Saying he would pay to have it repaired once he raised the money, the homeless man said his attacker then left the scene only to return a short while later furious.
His attacker beat him multiple times with a log, fracturing his skull and leaving him requiring emergency treatment.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 4 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 5 Planning application nears for Murphy's Yard redevelopment
- 6 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music event for 'healthy hedonists'
- 7 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 8 Driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police - Porsche seized
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Mikel Arteta must trust Gabriel Martinelli against Villarreal
Police say they have made no arrests and enquiries are ongoing.
Should you have any information relating to the incident, call police on 101.