Highgate shop owner warns burglary has left business on the brink of collapse
A Highgate trader said his business has been pushed to the brink of collapse after thieves swiped thousands of pounds of cash and stock.
Thieves are believed to have prised open the metal shutters of the Highgate Plus grocers in Archway Road, before smashing open the glass door and crawling into the shop.
Owner Adhir Das, 50, who rushed to shop when the alarm was raised at 5.30am on Sunday morning, said he was “devastated”.
“It is very upsetting, it has pushed my business to the brink,” he said.
“They took all my Saturday night takings and I am going to have to get a loan from the bank to cover it
You may also want to watch:
“I am going to have to cuts the hours my staff work and I’m not paying myself – I owe all the money to the bank.”
The father-of three, who bought the shop eight years ago, said he wanted to set up business in Highgate because it was a safe. But the break-in has made him reassess.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 4 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 5 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 6 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 7 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 8 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
Anyone with information is asked to call Haringey’s burglary squad on 020 8345 0886 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.