Highgate rapper DJ Ironik stabbed in street robbery
Rapper and anti-knife campaigner DJ Ironik is recovering after being stabbed by attackers who robbed him of his jewellery in Highgate.
The 22-year-old musician was attacked by two men in hooded tops in the early hours of Saturday morning on Summersby Road.
Ironik received a knife wound to the buttock during the attack and was taken to a Whittington Hospital for treatment.
The rapper and Highgate resident, real name James Charters, was returning from a gig in Essex at the time of the incident.
Arriving home at around 3.30am, he was approached by the pair, wearing dark clothes including hooded tops.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for Camden Police said: “Police were called to Summersby Road, N6, at 3.30am on November 6 following reports of an injured male.
“On arrival, officers found a 22-year-old male with a non-life-threatening stab wound to the buttock, London Ambulance Service attended and he was taken to a London hospital for treatment.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 5 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 8 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 9 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 10 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
“At this early stage the motivation for the attack is believed to be robbery, and items of jewellery were taken from the victim during the incident. All but one of these items were subsequently recovered.”
No arrests have been made in the case and the enquiries continue, the spokeswoman confirmed.
Recuperating, DJ Ironik thanked fans for their support via his Twitter feed.
Writing on the site, he said: “It’s been a crazy last couple of days and this whole experience is quite surreal. But they say what doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger.”
This was followed by the message: “I wanna thank each and every one of my friends, family and supportive fans that have showed me lots of much love.”
“It could have been much worse so thank God it weren’t and I’m just resting and recovering.”
And in a final message he said: “I am still so overwhelmed with all the messages from all the fans & other artists! Thank you all I appreciate it and love you all!”