Highgate Newtown: Man stabbed in the hand in Balmore Street
- Credit: Archant
A man was stabbed in the hand in Highgate Newtown on Tuesday afternoon.
The incident occurred at around 3pm at the junction of Balmore Street and Chester Road.
The police were called to the scene by paramedics at 3.04pm, and found a man “with a laceration to his hand”.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: “He is believed to have been attacked by another man following a brief altercation.”
The victim was taken to hospital and his condition assessed as “not life-threatening or life-changing”.
A shopkeeper in the vicinity of the incident said saw seen a car racing down the Chester Road moments before the incident.
You may also want to watch:
It is understood the victim may have been a DPD delivery driver.
There have been no arrests and police enquiries continue.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 4 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 5 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 9 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office