Highgate Newtown: Man stabbed in the hand in Balmore Street
- Credit: Archant
A man was stabbed in the hand in Highgate Newtown on Tuesday afternoon.
The incident occurred at around 3pm at the junction of Balmore Street and Chester Road.
The police were called to the scene by paramedics at 3.04pm, and found a man “with a laceration to his hand”.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: “He is believed to have been attacked by another man following a brief altercation.”
The victim was taken to hospital and his condition assessed as “not life-threatening or life-changing”.
A shopkeeper in the vicinity of the incident said saw seen a car racing down the Chester Road moments before the incident.
You may also want to watch:
It is understood the victim may have been a DPD delivery driver.
There have been no arrests and police enquiries continue.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 4 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley