Highgate Newtown: Man stabbed in the hand in Balmore Street
- Credit: Archant
A man was stabbed in the hand in Highgate Newtown on Tuesday afternoon.
The incident occurred at around 3pm at the junction of Balmore Street and Chester Road.
The police were called to the scene by paramedics at 3.04pm, and found a man “with a laceration to his hand”.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: “He is believed to have been attacked by another man following a brief altercation.”
The victim was taken to hospital and his condition assessed as “not life-threatening or life-changing”.
A shopkeeper in the vicinity of the incident said saw seen a car racing down the Chester Road moments before the incident.
You may also want to watch:
It is understood the victim may have been a DPD delivery driver.
There have been no arrests and police enquiries continue.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 4 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 5 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 6 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 7 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 8 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 9 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 10 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home