Highgate dog owner fined after pet savaged on Hampstead Heath
A dog owner and his housekeeper have been fined for allowing three dogs to savage another pet pooch on Hampstead Heath.
Michael Bloch, of Mill Field Lane in Highgate, was fined �570 after his three Ridgebacks attacked and injured another dog, belonging to Sarah Grice, on the Heath on March 26.
Bloch’s maid Glian Decina, who lives at the same address, was hit with a fine of �145 for failing to restrain the dogs.
Both pleaded guilty to a breach of a Heath byelaw at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on October 18.
Chairman of the City of London Corporation’s Hampstead Heath Committee, Michael Welbank, said: “Dog walkers are most welcome on Hampstead Heath, and the vast majority of walkers are exceptionally responsible.
You may also want to watch:
“Sadly, cases like this one highlight a key concern that the City of London Corporation has across all its open spaces about dog walkers.
“Dogs have to be kept under effective control so that the 7million people who come to Hampstead Heath each year can enjoy themselves in a safe environment.”
- 1 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 2 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 3 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 4 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 5 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 9 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 10 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill