Highgate dog owner fined after pet savaged on Hampstead Heath
A dog owner and his housekeeper have been fined for allowing three dogs to savage another pet pooch on Hampstead Heath.
Michael Bloch, of Mill Field Lane in Highgate, was fined �570 after his three Ridgebacks attacked and injured another dog, belonging to Sarah Grice, on the Heath on March 26.
Bloch’s maid Glian Decina, who lives at the same address, was hit with a fine of �145 for failing to restrain the dogs.
Both pleaded guilty to a breach of a Heath byelaw at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on October 18.
Chairman of the City of London Corporation’s Hampstead Heath Committee, Michael Welbank, said: “Dog walkers are most welcome on Hampstead Heath, and the vast majority of walkers are exceptionally responsible.
You may also want to watch:
“Sadly, cases like this one highlight a key concern that the City of London Corporation has across all its open spaces about dog walkers.
“Dogs have to be kept under effective control so that the 7million people who come to Hampstead Heath each year can enjoy themselves in a safe environment.”
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 4 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 5 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 6 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 7 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 8 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
- 9 In pictures: The Parkland Walk in lockdown
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council