Highgate dog owner fined after pet savaged on Hampstead Heath
A dog owner and his housekeeper have been fined for allowing three dogs to savage another pet pooch on Hampstead Heath.
Michael Bloch, of Mill Field Lane in Highgate, was fined �570 after his three Ridgebacks attacked and injured another dog, belonging to Sarah Grice, on the Heath on March 26.
Bloch’s maid Glian Decina, who lives at the same address, was hit with a fine of �145 for failing to restrain the dogs.
Both pleaded guilty to a breach of a Heath byelaw at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on October 18.
Chairman of the City of London Corporation’s Hampstead Heath Committee, Michael Welbank, said: “Dog walkers are most welcome on Hampstead Heath, and the vast majority of walkers are exceptionally responsible.
You may also want to watch:
“Sadly, cases like this one highlight a key concern that the City of London Corporation has across all its open spaces about dog walkers.
“Dogs have to be kept under effective control so that the 7million people who come to Hampstead Heath each year can enjoy themselves in a safe environment.”
- 1 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 2 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 5 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 6 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 7 Seven things to do in Hampstead and Highgate after May 17
- 8 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 9 Home of the week: Charming Victorian home for sale in Stroud Green
- 10 England captain Harry Kane renews his shirt sponsorship with Leyton Orient