Highgate and Crouch End police to hold community safety open day
- Credit: Archant
Police in Highgate and Crouch End are joining forces at a community open day in order to give the local community the information they need to help prevent crime happening to them.
The local bobbies will be offering advice on securing your home ahead of the anticipated winter upswing in break-ins,
They are working with locksmiths and home security companies – who will be attending – to help show people how to minimise the risk of becoming a victim of crime.
The local neightbourhood watch will be present, too,
Pc Allan Greig of the Highgate community policing team said: “The event is an opportunity for residents to see some of the different ways that they can reduce the chance of becoming victims of crime.
You may also want to watch:
“Prevention is better than cure and its always preferable for home owners to take precautions and make improvement improvements before becoming victims.”
The event is at Hornsey Library between 10 and 4 on Saturday October 13.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 3 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 4 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 5 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 8 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 9 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 10 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement