Highgate and Crouch End police to hold community safety open day
- Credit: Archant
Police in Highgate and Crouch End are joining forces at a community open day in order to give the local community the information they need to help prevent crime happening to them.
The local bobbies will be offering advice on securing your home ahead of the anticipated winter upswing in break-ins,
They are working with locksmiths and home security companies – who will be attending – to help show people how to minimise the risk of becoming a victim of crime.
The local neightbourhood watch will be present, too,
Pc Allan Greig of the Highgate community policing team said: “The event is an opportunity for residents to see some of the different ways that they can reduce the chance of becoming victims of crime.
“Prevention is better than cure and its always preferable for home owners to take precautions and make improvement improvements before becoming victims.”
The event is at Hornsey Library between 10 and 4 on Saturday October 13.
- 1 Ashling Murphy: Camden pays tribute to murdered primary school teacher
- 2 Hampstead retail site snapped up for £7m by property firm
- 3 Drug runner caught at Euston with heroin in underwear jailed for four years
- 4 North London road and rail disruptions in the week ahead
- 5 The story of a pond returning to Hampstead Heath
- 6 Nine of London's best vegan restaurants to try this Veganuary
- 7 How a stray Hampstead cat changed the life of artist Louis Wain
- 8 How the battle for Hampstead Heath inspired the National Trust
- 9 Guilty: Woman stirred up racial hatred with social media posts on Grenfell
- 10 'Facile questions and ludicrous voices of opposition for "balance"'